Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Says its adopting the format of having all the content under 1 roof like MCC it will also get technical changes as well

nice

2 Likes

I think we are in store for big game pass news

3 Likes

Ubisoft :thinking:

3 Likes

Not sure, maybe they’re trying to close more publishers and announce it at E3 but every insider has been tweeting about Xbox and Game Pass lately.

They nailed MC for Infinite.

4 Likes

Absolutely I really hope infinite is the game that changes their fortune

Starfield would take hype away from Halo. The game is a huge event. First new IP in 20 years etc. MS will wait until next year before they release

1 Like

They’re different enough and will be under two separate publishing arms. They can launch close (if that’s the plan).

I’ve been thinking about this, if you give these publishers like $.50 per Game Pass subscriber there are every month for their 1 year old games like EA Play that is a big win for these publishers. They will be able to monetize their old games that no one is really buying anymore and can use it to promote their new games coming out. It’s worked on me before, never heard of Deus Ex before and it came to GwG the 360 game and I played it, loved it so much that I bought the deluxe edition of the new XB1 game coming out for it. I know that’s a small example but I’m sure people have felt this way with games in Game Pass.

Can you just imagine how many games they would have if they had EA/uPlay/Capom/SEGA/SquareEnix/Bandai Namco/Konami all older games included into Game Pass, let’s say they did get $.50 each that’s only $3.50 off the top for MS but they would get a shit ton of games out of it, even if they’re older. The publishers would get a crap ton of monthly income too, if there is 20m subs right now as many think, each publisher would get 10M a month for doing pretty much nothing, plus advertising for their upcoming games.

Holy shit you can really see what they’re trying to do, Game Pass is almost it’s own bloody platform.

1 Like

I think there will come a time where Xbox basically is Game Pass. Everything is centered around that and they want everybody to subscribe to it, even the most reluctant ones. The way they are also emphasizing Game Pass Ultimate as much as possible makes me think they want to hit a certain number, and then they will get rid of Gold.

3 Likes

They’re 100% going to get rid of gold, it’s a matter of when not if.

6 Likes

yeah currently, it’s probably the worst aspect of xbox as a service, also the most in conflict with their own vision of Console, PC and Cloud all under one banner, where one of those doesn’t have to pay for gold but the actual origin of the platform is still on that shit like a senile old man. Probably one of the bigger reason why I as a PC player haven’t gotten a console in a good while, cuz I ain’t paying to play online when I could rather spend that Gold money on more gamepass months or thinking in general average casual gamer habits, MTX. Interestingly, that’s exactly what I could do if I went out and bought a Playstation and have f2p games be actually free to play. Hope Xbox fixes this problem soon, it’s definitely happening but a matter of when.

2 Likes

Exactly, someone asked that question to Phil Spencer, and while he said that immediately it is not the case, he can definitely see that happening in the future. That’s why I said they are waiting until they hit a certain numbers to get rid of it, because they want to convert these Gold subscribers into Game Pass subscribers. If they were to do it now, they would lose a ton of money they have through Gold. However, if you convert that source of money into something else first, you don’t lose anything or very few when you get rid of Gold.

That’s why Microsoft is really trying to make Ultimate as tempting as possible, and that’s why there will be other very aggressive move to make it even more tempting. EA Play or DLC’s are just the beginning.

1 Like

It’s just a weird ass subscription now and feels extremely outdated, back when it first came out I can completely understand why they do it. They had to build up these servers and such but now it’s just free money to them and it looks bad. If Game Pass wasn’t a thing I would see why they wouldn’t remove it because they don’t have anything to replace it but now they do. Game Pass has so much more growth than Gold too, F2P games are getting ever popular so it’s going to come to a point when people shouldn’t even be paying for it.

If they remove it for F2P games they might as well just remove it for all games to make it much more clear. The thing I think is holding them up is the whole Game Pass Ultimate which includes Gold, they’re probably thinking people would moan their subscription just got less value. Which is why I think one of the reasons why EA Play deal came about is to add more value, hence why it’s not in the standard Game Pass service.

1 Like

my conservative prediction: f2p multiplayer will be made free sooner than later, and gold for paid multiplayer games will be rolled into standard gamepass on console (currently, easily the worst gamepass version of the three). This is gonna be the transitional phase until gamepass ultimate hits a critical mass, when they’ll simply get rid of it completely and it’ll become a major USP, unless Sony does the same, then literally no need to worry as everyone shall win!

I can see that transitional phase with F2P games first, maybe Halo Infinite multiplayer is going to be the first to showcase that.

1 Like

I think so too. Halo infinite is the perfect time to start this, it has to happen if they actually want to maximize halo’s reach (lol pun unintended). Despite all, it’s easy to predict halo is gonna be a lot bigger on pc than on console, both one AND Series combined, so all these players shall be having a superior experience playing the game for free while console folks keep paying for gamepass ultimate or gold while pc folks would spend that same money on cool skins and emotes and shit.

I’m not making preditctions, because most of the time I’m wrong, but there are gonna be big numbers.

1 Like