Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Wish @Klobrille would post here on a regular and consistent basis like he does on the other site. :sob:

7 Likes

Ikr

Just slowly getting started again. I try to balance it out more in the future.

42 Likes

I believe these are his thoughts not necessarily based on any insider information. I could be wrong though.

Visually Tell me Why is absolutely the best looking DontNod game yet. Crisp, nicely detailed like how clothes of the characters aren’t static and actually move when they walk. The first Life is Strange wasn’t really a looker, but the second one was already better and TMW is a clear step up above it.

1 Like

I just beat the gears hivebusters DLC. So fun. It was what I love about gears. No open world stuff. Great characters. Game looks great on series X. Im assuming there is a part 2 is is that where the escape mode comes in?

1 Like

no I mean like a next gen wolfenstein collection

Oh ok

I think Starfield would launch this year if it wasn’t for covid. Due to the effects of the virus, I think it hits next year now. Remember every game has been effected by it, Phil said as much last year.

I think without Covid it was possible to release last year, 100% think it’s this year now if they want.

2 Likes

Agree they could launch it this year if they want. I think they choose to wait until next year, give it more polish and get rid of any bugs and glitches which Bethesda are known for

I also think MS want this year to be entirely about Halo. They have to get it right

1 Like

Sony released more than 3 high level AAA games in a few months between each other in 2020… think MS can do it too :wink: :+1:

4 Likes

It has been confirmed that Wolfenstein 3 is in the works (and it may have some multiplayer component according to some job listings if I recall correctly)

Speaking to GameCentral , Bethesda’s Pete Hines teased the arrival of a third installment in the Nazi-kicking franchise: “Absolutely we’re making a Wolfenstein III. They said on stage that they’re taking a break from the larger story to do this thing (Youngblood). But we all have to see how that ends. [laughs]”

https://screenrant.com/wolfenstein-3-game-confirmed-bethesda/

Found on OtherEra. It appears ForzaTech is about to become FTech, because it’s powering Fable too. Read this guy’s Linkedin.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/troylawlor/

5 Likes

I hope Starfield hits in 2021, the lineup looka pretty bad without it. I don’t have a ton of faith in Forza Horizon being a 2021 game.

No mention of Ftech on his profile or was it mentioned on reset? It makes sense for Playground to use Forzatech, even though it is a second team, lots of people working with Forzatech on FH moved to the Fable team.

Earlier job posting for Fable required UE4 but I think they made the switch somewhere in between to Forzatech.

Also they had all the fable legends stuff which was unreal engine 4, so maybe they were thinking they could build off that but decided not too?

That is true. Wasn’t it like one month difference?

Halo is a super big franchise, but there are always people that aren’t that interested in it and would love to have a brand new BGS game. I hope they release it this year if it’s ready and if not, hopefully early next year then.

Perhaps, I don’t know much about game dev to know if these assets could carry over to a true next gen only game. I think they used Forzatech because of their familiarity with it and they can iterate/build faster using tools they used to make race tracks/ worlds quickly.