Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

If Doom can run on base xbox so can Halo.

3 Likes

@ 13:15 timestamp.

don’t go crazy folks :slight_smile:

from Jinx restera -

The Video Game Shame Awards from Triple Click | Podcast Episode on Podbay

Listen to The Video Game Shame Awards, an episode of Triple Click, easily on Podbay - the best podcast player on the web.

podbay.fm podbay.fm

Jason Schreier : “I’ve heard a couple of other things that will be there… I think we will see at least one like Xbox exclusive and stuff like that… Microsoft first party published…”

4 Likes

1 Like

But why farfetched? If it’s like CoD that’s just rather short really.

Games are getting delayed and coming out with bugs. Look at miles for example. Story 6-8 hours it had 2 years in development (i assume here ). It has some funniest of bugs. Also, the game was being developed for one platform only.

Making a quality therd person game on two platforms with legit 15 hours campaign seems unlikely to me.

Internally developed Xbox games have mostly been decent on the base Xbox One. It gets overshadowed by its bigger brother, but the base version of Gears 5 is actually a really good version if that is the only way you can play it.

1 Like

They have got to be talking about an already announced game. Right?

It’s got to be Hellblade 2, this would line up with what Ragnar said about a gameplay trailer being pulled from July.

3 Likes

Spidey MM is for PS5 and PS4. Xbox will also get several games like Fable, Avowed etc that will easily be more than 20 hours. So why couldn’t TI do that? It’s possible that they will have spend more than two years on the first game. Have it be a 10+ hours game and from there they have the assets for the next games.

But it could also be that every episode is 3,75 hours (if it is a 15 hour game) or 5 hours per episode if the game is 20 hours. Spread over 4 seasons. Unless I am totally mistaking this.

Wouldn’t be a fan of the latter.

Let’s wait and see what happens before downplaying someone else’s excitement.

1 Like

Somebody made a counterpoint article and I agree

I know we don’t have it on the thread but do we have a vague idea of how many people are at The Initiative nowadays?

My dream is that this account came to life today: https://twitter.com/TheInitiative :pleading_face:

What Jason said, it looks like something from XGS Publishing, or… We will know today what this is about. :wink:

According to Linkedin, there are 67. But that number is not “accurate”. Not everyone has a linkedin account or is “registered” with The Initiative. I would put between 70~75. :+1:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/theinitiativegaming/

I know buddy, I know :sob: I will be gobsmacked if Xbox has been pocketing a publishing AAA exclusive for 2021.

Great, thanks!

1 Like

My bet today is that the Initiative will reveal its game today

it would make complete sense, they have been working on the game long enough now to show something. It’s in some sort of playable state and Matt Booty did say we will find out more about this project later this year.

So here’s hoping, this has been my most anticipated reveal with all the high level talent this studio has acquired.

1 Like

I appreciate the Buffy reference in this new OT title.

ResetEra is talking about it maybe being a Global Publishing title instead of PD…

2 Likes

SHame about Joss being a creepy sex perv tho… :confused:

2 Likes

I dunno. Bear in mind we are already halfway to E3. I could see TI game reveal as more of an E3 thing.

Not downplaying the excitement but keeping a check on expectations. It’s a rumor nonetheless.

I am excited and hope it’s true.

Hellblade 2 Gameplay Trailer let’s go!

1 Like