Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

What in the world

this is just Base PS4 breathing it last breath also worth to mention their engine needs major work, the game doesn’t look great at all.

We had an emergency You Had Me At Halo podcast to discuss the big Halo high-level update.

11 Likes

Sneaky! I was not alerted

Kage’s scheduled stream alert went out and ate up ours going live, sorry about that.

1 Like

Such an asshole… :wink:

1 Like

I’ve seen it, so big and brow… wait… I’ve said too much.

3 Likes

1 Like

I played some Destiny 2 before, but my goodness this update on Series X with 60 FPS, significantly reduced loading times and ability to set my FOV at 90 is just nuts how awesome it plays now!

7 Likes

:slight_smile:

Obviously, the other teams at 343 won’t stare against a wall for one year – but overall this should result in some really packed and polished overall package when Halo Infinite releases.

This aged better than even I expected :stuck_out_tongue:

More good things to come.

17 Likes

Gears 5: Hivebusters looking like the last good surprise of the year.

Holy shit, the trailer was awesome

5 Likes

:eyes: you nailed it again fact that staten already beat it twice sounds like he really loves what they are doing and his statement about it saying it represents what they envisioned in 2000 that is BOLD to claim

2 Likes

That also says to me he’s here to elevate it and bring it over the finish line, not fundamentally change what it is which is fantastic. There is no better lore and writing collab than Staten and he knows how Bungie got their games over the finish line in a polished and fantastic state.

Really excited now with what they shared today. Can’t even imagine what it will look like at launch with ray tracing.

2 Likes

Bruh they really took that “Halo gears Forza” thing to heart and blew their load on all three BEFORE the TGAs. It’s like they’re wanting people to notice this and get even more excited for TGAs having something new!

Man, fall seems a bit far but I’m completely fine, as Nick had said, if you’re gonna delay it, delay it all the way. My only concern is what they have now for first half of the year. By march or so the next big console cycle shall start, and hopefully they have something by then. I suspect Wolfenstein 3 and Psychonauts 2 but I’m unsure, maybe TGAs will give us a release date for it. Cuz ps5 shall be going with with Ratchet and Clank, Returnal and Kena (from the top of my head). Gt7 no longer making first half from what the new PS trailer suggested.

All in all, Holy shit, tomorrow is gonna be wild.

3 Likes

Yep and if only they could drop the Xbox One version altogether and deliver a full next gen vision of the game.

@Shpeshal_Nick in the last podcast hinted to that. Hope it is true. We all want the best Halo ever possible.

For TGA if they have a mindblowing gameplay trailer of Hellblade 2 showing the true power of XSX I will be happy.

They won’t be dropping Xbox one until 2022 imo. That’s when the “crossgen” period will have ended and series and PS5 shall have become current gen and most games shall be only coming to that. Just look at Cyberpunk, it definitely looks a lot more ambitious, open world wise yet has to run on that dogshit already outdated at launch jaguar cpus. So I guess they’ll make it work for one year more and then just drop it. That’s also the time other studios from xbox shall start releasing games that only come to Series consoles and PC, I’m talking Hellblade 2, Fable, Everwild, Forza Motorsport, etc. So it’d be a good incentive and leverage for 343 to drop the xbone support then. Didn’t destiny do the same thing with ps3 and 360 a year or so into the xbone ps4 generation? I expect the same to happen here.

We should ask @Shpeshal_Nick since he spoke about that option and seems to have a source on that.

Imho the sooner they drop old gen the better it is for next gen. Logical. :sweat_smile: I don’t want games dragged down by cross gen stuff like Cyberpunk 2077 having to make sure it runs on old Xbox One. Just get rid of it. Devs would feel better and would get more ambitious. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Everyone expected Gears 5 at TGA, then Forza Horizon in some capacity and then maybe sneaking Halo Infinite in despite early denials.

Now we’re here and all three are done and dusted for announcements, at least for now. Almost certainly bodes well for some XGS spotlight outside the big three, which is exciting.

I make no predictions on names, but I expect one big, E3 style, showstopper. Imagine Starfield, 2021, Xbox Console Exclusive. Then suddenly everything is ok again.

4 Likes