Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

Surely The Initiative are going to show their game? What other XGS would have something to show? Maybe Hellblade 2 or Fable, but I think that’s wishful thinking. Compulsion’s game? I would think that was too far out.

1 Like

I’m really dissapointed with the massive Halo Infinite delay… … But what shown now looks really great, hoping to be able to flight in this game in spring.

Compulsion is possible. It just entered production a few months back iirc so they can do a concept trailer.

Zenimax teams need pre existing commitment, a new publishing deal or the ink to dry to show. Not counting on them.

So, looking at XGS:

343i: Not coming

Coalition: Don’t see them coming

Turn 10: I guess. I don’t see Forza Motorsport as a TGA game though. Better for a more specific audience like Xbox E3 than broad.

Rare: I think Everwild is still going along at a decent pace, but they lost their director so they may want to take a break before revealing more info until all is solidified.

Mojang: They have another project in the works but I’m not sure how far along it is. Minecraft just got updated recently.

Playground: Just did a big update for FH4, I don’t think Fable is coming until 2022/23.

Ninja Theory: Project Mara looks promising but is probably better suited to an Inside Xbox or Dreadnaught Diary. Hellblade 2 could definitely be shown.

Initiative: They could show a CG tease for sure.

Undead Labs: Unlikely, but I also said that of SoD3 at the showcase in July and was way wrong so idk.

Compulsion: As I mentioned, very possible.

Obsidian: Between Outer Worlds DLC 2, Project Missouri, Grounded upgrades and Avowed, they certainly have something to show if they want/are ready. Super talented, productive team. My money is on OW DLC if anything though, just because they can go to the TGAs doesn’t mean they have to/should.

InXile: Unlikely except maybe Wasteland 3 DLC. That depends on Deep Silver tbh.

Double Fine: If you ask me to name the one XGS studio that I feel most confident will show up, it’s Double Fine… which means I jinxed this and they won’t. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

World’s Edge: Possible. Been a year since we last heard on AOE 4. That said, AOE has a large European following and the TGAs are still at a bad time. Probably E3 or Gamescom for it.

XGS Global Publishing: Very possible. We know Asobo filmed some mystery video for Flight Sim a while back.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think it changes when Starfield will come. Maybe Sep Starfield and Halo November?

Could be a publishing deal

1 Like

Quite tired but I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks, I think there is a very good chance for XGS GP in some capacity.

1 Like

Well with Halo, Gears, and Horizon news a couple days before the TGA I expect something big, like Hellblade 2. Xbox made no sign to temper or expectations.

And I imagine the competition will go big too. Wouldn’t it be great to have a overall good show for everyone with no need to argue afterwards on Twitter?

I hope.

5 Likes

I mean…Booty did say they’d talk more about what the “other” studios were up to later in the year…

That really only leaves a few, off the top Coalition, Initiative and Compulsion. Coalition already showed theirs so hopefully Initiative and Compulsion at TGA

2 Likes

I think The Initiative Ninja Theory Compulsion and Global Publishing are the ones that could be there

Indeed, and they already got the big 3 out the way.

Not creating expectations, and honestly don’t even feel like they need to announce anything at the TGAs, but it’s an interesting situation

InXile?

Way to early for them

1 Like

Okay guys here me out
2021 - Starfield
2022 - Avowed
2023 - Fable
2024 - InXile
2025 - TES VI

10 Likes

The only thing I didnt like is having to wait another year to play the new Halo… :cry: But the rest, the news was positive for me. It seems that the 343 has “reconnected” with the project, the new screenshots have shown that hears advances on graphics. Surely, something big and special awaits us in “Fall 2021”. :kissing_heart:

Tomorrow is a new day. :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t forget Zenimax Online, Outer Worlds 2, Project Missouri and BGS Austin. XGS’s output of RPGs is gonna be amazing.

1 Like

Which launch window do you think for Starfield? “Fall 2021”, “Holiday 2021” is already from Halo Infinite. :slightly_smiling_face:

Shinobi confirmed it wasn’t dragon age, and there was a reason he was posting in the XGS OT, klobrille seemed to back it up too

1 Like

Xbox really will be THE place to look for when you want quality RPGs, lordy lord. It’s gonna come to a point where clowns are gonna yell “too many RPGs”, bet on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not to take anything away from Shinobi because he’s great, but many were hyped as hell when he said teased on RE about big fantasy worlds, and space/Sci fi stuff. He wasn’t wrong, it was all shown, it’s just that the majority of it was CGI. Hopefully it’s hype for something really good now.

Halo may not have looked the part last July, but that actually was the right way to demonstrate a game. Open the show with something like that. Not that we should expect lengthy gameplay demos at TGA.

1 Like

DOWNER Take some pills :pill::pill: :wink:

3 Likes

What if they felt they could take the time to get Halo perfect and release in the fall of next year because starfield was always supposed to be a launch title for the next-gen consoles and got delayed a bit, and will release the first half of 2021?

Maybe they could have released halo, in an improved state in the first half of next year, but the ZeniMax acquisition gives the more time.

Although the acquisition hasn’t gone through yet there’s no reason they couldn’t have bought exclusivity of starfield.

In any case, I’m excited for Xbox’s future, and will be watching the game awards!

I also kinda maybe think that forza horizon 5 might be first half of 2021, or maybe summer, they have been on a two year cadence forever, and they always show the game off the year it releases. Horizon is always shown off with in game footage and maybe they couldn’t get it together to show it in July, and were planning to show it during the cancelled august event. I think its a safe bet that forza horizon 5 will be cross gen, because it was one of the most financially succeful franchises for xbox this gen, and if its cross gen it has to come out within I would guess the next 18 months.