Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

Like the podcasts, and the hosts are decent and have a nice dynamic between each other.

Have to admit - the whole Initiative part of the last podcast was a little strange. I can see why some people think it’s FUD and sharing it on other forums.

Edit: this post doesn’t mean I’m against Speshal Ed or anything, just an observation. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

It really is, it’s exhausting at points.

Which again, is where I thought my comments were coming from.

As in, I’m well aware by now how fanboys react to shit and how “the internet” at large reacts to almost anything Microsoft does. People have been clamouring for Microsoft to make “their version” of God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us etc. and most were under the impression that’s what Initiative was there to do.

Hence why I was saying IF what we’ve heard is true, I don’t think the internet is going to react well.

Which I now see has become “You’re saying the game sucks and all their studios suck”

Looking back now, obviously I should have worded what I said better I guess? I’ve clearly underestimated the ability of people to take stuff out of context is what’s being said isn’t explicitly clear enough. I’ll have to wear that and learn from it going forward.

4 Likes

Why some people here are against @Shpeshal_Nick ? He didn’t say anything wrong, people expecting something really big from TI not something like Tell Me Why or Hitman 1.

1 Like

Anyways love your podcast guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s like I explained. People are holding out hope that the Initiative will finally give Xbox fans something to shut up Sony fanboys regarding this list war narrative where the only games that matter are narrative driven, open world action games. It won’t be that. A few others who have good track records have said this as well. When people find out that all these narrative driven, action game super star devs are making something…less expansive and not one and done…there’s going to be a ruckus.

3 Likes

In truth, when making 2 hour podcasts, every comment shouldn’t be made on egg-shells. I think as a community we need to allow people to say things about companies and not take it personal. We’re all having a discussion now. Having to over-analyze and carefully predict how the community will react to each comment will only make commentary feel less genuine.

3 Likes

That is a great way of explaining it.

Some fanboys are expecting a game like Uncharted, but may end up with a Tell Me Why style game. I’m sure they could get upset.

However, most people shouldn’t expect too much from the first game, and also take into account Gamepass will be the most important target so a smaller episodic game makes financial sense.

I don’t understand fanboys, also don’t understand why people are being so aggressive towards Speshal Ed.

1 Like

Just keep being you. You’re not going to please everyone and honestly, you owe nothing to MS or the “Xbox community”. You guys are doing a podcast where the point is to share your thoughts and opinions on the goings on in Video games. It’s why we (I’m assuming anyway) tune in. Having to put yourself through a mental labyrinth to make sure you don’t anger nerds or inadvertently give ammo to FUD spreading console warriors seems a bit much to me.

7 Likes

I agree about the fanboys. Even gamers who don’t act toxic themselves allow themselves to be impacted by it.

That said I feel the game will be ambitious based on the talent. Just not in the format some will want it. I can’t see top level senior talent leaving God of War, Last of Us and Red Dead 2 to work on something that’s not aiming to be impressive.

2 Likes

This is what I thought I was trying to say on the podcast.

Like…it’s here

I say “We don’t know, it’s stuff we’re hearing”. Then gave my opinion on how I thought the internet would react IF it’s true. Then @Sikamikanico actually started the expectations talk. The “inflammatory” part comes after all that.

We are running out of Joy ain’t we?

2 Likes

Compulsion games has pills for that. :wink:

2 Likes

So many people love to get angry/complain about things they didn’t bother to actually listen to. Reminds me of other forums I gladly avoid now.

3 Likes

:frowning:

Many :pill::pill::pill::pill:

Thankfully it’s not the majority, community here is great :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:green_heart:

2 Likes

I think really it will best to see the game in action at the same time we get the announcement of what the game is. That way it’s easier to get a grip on what it is without a period of uncertainty.

Okay guys, I want to close the subject for now. Nothing productive is going to come from this. We have a thread for discussion around the The Initiative game. Please go there to discuss it, all other XGS stuff can continue here.

2 Likes

Well I could tell how much I anticipated anything coming from Compulsion next. Will you all might play We Happy Few please?