Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

That’s a good idea. Imagine for example if Resident Evil 2&3 are part of one big game, that would be great.

We all need to chill. Judge the game once we actually get a good look at it. It might not even be episodic, we don’t know for sure. And even if it is episodic, that doesn’t mean the game is doomed or anything. We have no idea how long these episodes would be. I hope we can get official details of this game soon, so all these worries can be put to rest. I’m still not entirely convinced that this game will be episodic.

3 Likes

We’re not shooting the game, we’re shooting the messenger. The messenger did the game no favors with the way it was worded.

That’s all.

And the fact that with this sub we have and will get crazy big games (scope, budget) like Starfield, Doom, Wolfenstein, Fable, inXile RPG and so on is just amazing. And I hope this continues, let’s say for now TI’s game is 3 to 4 hours per episode…that’s OK but I personally hope not too many XGS studios will do the same.

Let’s hope that if they do reveal the game this year (but there was a rumor it probably won’t be shown) that they show some gameplay if possible, show what it will be about and hopefully some clear details too.

I know you weren’t, it was not targeted towards you or anything. The same can’t be said for others.

It is his opinion, you can critizes someones opinion but we dont shoot anybody.

Final Fantasy 7 is episodic. Its awesome with a year or two between episodes. I say people wont care if its in episodes if it looks good. If it looks like say biomutant I think people will get mad. People are expecting something with more realism so if it looks good that will trump everything.

Dude, it happened! Yes!

If it’s episodic like FF7R you won’t hear anyone complain, but that seems doubtful. For how long was FF7R part 1 in development? And do we know for how long TI’s has been in full development with their game?

1 Like

Welp, just canceled all my meetings and dropped off my daughter at her grandmas

3 Likes

is this special? :smiley:

Yeah, the game is awesome but the 30 FPS is hurting my eyeballs.

1 Like

Fuck off! I’ll beat the breaks off anybody in here, garaunteed.

1 Like

NHL 94 is one of the all-time greatest games.

1 Like

enlighten me I dont play sport games normally :smiley:

You probably would, I’m not good.

1 Like

That’s exactly the right way to describe it. As soon as you rotate the camera it’s so damn blurry. Is this all because of those 10+ hours into Valhalla? Goddamn, next week Cyberpunk is going to take some real adjusting (assuming the day one patch caps it to 30fps).

1 Like

Hitman 2016

Half Life 2 Episode 1

Half Life 2 Episode 2

Tell Me Why

Life is Strange

Life is Strange 2

Telltale’s Walking Dead Season 1

Telltale’s Walking Dead Season 2

The Wolf Among Us

Resident Evil Revelations

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea

Spider Man: The City that Never Sleeps

Alan Wake and its DLC

Sam and Max

World of Warcraft

PSO2

Hell, even games like SoT and FH4 to an extent

What do these games have in common? They’re all either episodic or have episodic elements. They’re also all good.

We don’t know the gameplay loop. We don’t know the story. We don’t even know the name. Relax.

Also what Ed said was right. He wasn’t criticizing the game, he just knew it would inspire hot take surface level reactions which it did. Like, look at the freakout OtherEra did over the idea that a Fable game from developers who have perfected the shared world in FH4 might have… minor shared world elements. This from the same people who praised the shit out of Kojima for doing it in Death Stranding. Relax!

3 Likes

I don’t mind a halo collab but I’d be so pissed if they put Chief in Fortnite because they didn’t put him in Gears

Yep “wait for tools” = “wait for E3”

Marketing on Xbox side is really bad even from “insiders”

Sometimes it is better to shut up

1 Like