Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

Or they could go the RS siege route and make an Uber competitive online only splinter cell. All spies vs Mercs.

2 Likes

Half Life 2 was Episodic and they were some of the best campaigns I’ve ever played. I guess it depends on how many hours each episode is and the timeframe between episodes and most importantly how good the gameplay is.

In any case I think unfortunately I’ll have to put Watchdogs Legion on the back burner. At least until Ubisoft get off their asses and fix the autosave bug. Everytime I quit to main menu the game freezes and I end up having to quit out of it though the xbox menu , causing me to lose house of gameplay when I log back in. Sucks because I was really getting into it and I wanted to end it before Cyberpunk came out. Oh well.

1 Like

I was reading over some articles for Infinite and I agree that giving Chris Lee the boot and replacing him with Staten was the best move Microsoft/343i has made. Although I would love for Staten to take over the entire studio and send Bonnie off too, he doesn’t seem to be interested in taking over and likes to work on different games and projects. His role at 343i is most likely a temporary one.

That means that if Infinite is successful, Staten still won’t stick around and that means someone will have to replace him as head of the actual game development.

Never know he might get that magic and love back for the franchise and stick around anything can happen in the industry

Man, is it “Overdramatic take on videogames” Day or what???

2 Likes

I REALLY liked old tactical Ghost Recon :frowning: lol. Let me have one thing!!!

I absolutely envious of my friends who just like to fire up a game and play without knowing these forums, Reddit, DF, or these over dramatic opinions on video games.

Those are the real gaming fans.

5 Likes

I liked Ghost Recon Wildlands a lot but quit Breakpoint after a few hours. Just wasn’t into it. I know they changed the setup and whatnot but at launch, it never ever should have been a loot driven game. Too much Division elements. It should have been like Wildlands. Oh well.

they’ve turned it into wildlands and it can run at 60fps on the series x. it’s fantastic now, I’m loving breakpoint

I tried it a few months ago after Ubisoft patched it giving the game the option to play it without all the loot stuff but just wasn’t into it. Great that it runs 60FPS now. Time to play it has simply passed for me.

They need to have her do more interviews. She has always seemed comfortable and may I say normal in front of a camera. Same with Phil. I never felt that way about Matt Booty and some other xbox execs.

1 Like

Matt seems to struggle a bit. I’ve often felt like his interviews were a bit of live fire media training. Phil’s obviously very prominent as the face of Xbox, which is great, we’d be hard pressed to have someone better imo, but he won’t be that forever. I really like Sarah Bond and I think Jason Ronald does an amazing job being camera facing for a guy whose big debut was being “beard guy” in a hype real for a console.

I don’t want someone to think I’m criticizing Matt either… he does a million times better then I could do.

I just wonder how much “face of the brand” successor, advantages, disadvantages to having someone as closely associated with the brand identity as Phil is gets discussed at Xbox.

1 Like

Sarah Bond for prez!!

6 Likes

One thing that I don’t understand about it or Wildlands, why can’t you use A.I. with two players? Each player getting one of them assigned? It’s baffling.

If it’s true and Ubisoft are interested, then I think the leak has come from a Crystal Dynamics employee, I honestly think the staff from both CD and Eidios Montreal would prefer MS buy them

1 Like

Would be interesting if they went independent like IOI. Lol there’s already history of that with Square, so wouldn’t be something unexpected. Maybe that’s how we get a new Gex.

1 Like

Plus, Sarah Bond is a freaking badass name.

8 Likes

IF this true than SE will sell the studios with some IPs but they will keep Valuable IPs like Tomb Raider. TR is Most valuable IP SE got after FF.

IP like Deus Ex will probably get sold

1 Like

I reaally do believe sea of thieves is the most succsessful xbox game last gen and its still going. Compare this too Halo 5… crazy. Internally I think Rare and Playground are the biggest money maker for Xbox rn.

I expect high budget for Everwild and Fable.

2 Likes

The moment sea of thieves was announced I knew this will be my game. Kinda amazing how hot this game is right now wow.

Much love to rare <3 Everwild will be fantastic no matter what!

2 Likes