Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

I wouldn’t say Halo would have done mcuh more for launch. Phil himself is saying that they already have a hard time meeting demands with production. All consoles are being sold out, so having halo Infinite now wouldn’t have done anything more. It is best for it to come out when stocks will be enough again.

1 Like

It’s funny, I have no brand loyalty whatsoever. I have gone from NES/SNES to PS/PS2 to Xbox 360 to PS4 to Xbox Series X as my primary gaming console for each respective generation. I will own both consoles though with PS5 being my secondary full exclusives only console.

For the now current generation, I decided to go with Xbox Series X as my primary gaming console for the following reasons -

1. Console itself is simply better overall. Better hardware and better tech.
  2. Controller. Just perfect what is already great.
  3. Game Pass. Every first party title being there day one saves me $50 for every game that I would have purchased and allows me to try out the games that I wouldn’t have purchased but will now give a chance to seeing as how it would be nothing more than a $10 rental.
  4. First Party Studios. This was before the ZeniMax acquisition and simply increased in value. I’m more hyped and excited for Microsoft’s first party studios than I am Sony’s because I don’t know what to expect where as with Sony for PS5, I do.
  5. Multi-platform games will overall be better on XSX than PS5. While it may not be like this 100% now, I believe that it will be once 2022 hits.

So for me, I always go with the platform that is offering me the most of what I want and am looking for. Launch lineup has never been a reason as to why I buy a console. Of course, I still have never gotten any console day one ever. I always wait. If I can get Xbox Series X by Christmas, then it will be the console that I picked up sooner than any other console ever.

I have 4 games for Nov/Dec. Gears Tactics, Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla that have already been released and Immortals Fenyx Rising gets released in December. The only launch title on PS5 that I will be playing is Miles Morales. Could care less about the rest.

Just hoping I can snag an Xbox Series X on Black Friday or sometime in December so I can start playing the games that I want to play. Otherwise, I’ll be waiting until the Spring.

3 Likes

I feel this launch is way better than what any console had in 2013. Tetris Effect: Connected is brilliant. Gears Tactics is also a really cool experience with great cutscenes, bith available through Game Pass. Then I got Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, which looks stunning and has an awesome setting (compare that to ghosts in 2013) And to top it all of I am just playing Yakuza Like a Dragon which honestly is the earthbound of 2020 and for my money has the best HDR in any game to date! Absolutely love this game. Honestly I am super surprised how much I love these experiences. Qualitywise this is leagues ahead of 2013!

7 Likes

Honestly, im hopeful for 2021 but my expectation is 2022 because I have no idea when the Game Core/SDK/GDK will be finalized. Plus, nearly every game will be cross-gen and I don’t see the third party publishers spending extra money, time and resources to take full advantage of the hardware until cross-gen ends.

1 Like

Nah man MS needs to solve this quickly, imagine having underperforming performance until 2022. we can wait for games but this ? lol nah not like this

I agree but even if multi-plats perform better on PS5, the difference is minimal plus if all the kits aren’t finalized, third party developers can’t do much if anything about it. They would just have to wait. I’m not worried or concerned either way.

1 Like

I don’t care how will PS5 Perform, Sony have their own problems with too many bugs and crashes right now. all i care better stable result on my series X

Man imagine if Xbox had a Banjo remake on par with Demon Souls…that shit would drive Game Pass subs through the roof

If Sony does buy Bluepoint then I imagine they’ll be a dedicated studio to remaking games. Xbox needs to capitalize on that, they have too many damn IP’s and classics that they can bring back for remakes.

1 Like

Bluepoint is done deal for Sony also the studio want to create new IP Alongside remake old games.

1 Like

You folks sound so sad when you make posts like this. None of us knows what’s coming in 2021.

4 Likes

Consoles launched successfully, Think it’s about time “Xbox Direct”

5 Likes

Has FIFA 21 had a Series version yet? If so I haven’t seen or heard anyone say there is a graphics difference, etc… feel like FIFA 22 is when next gen FIFA arrives properly

They keep blowing our estimations regarding their studio growth so I’m going out on a limb and assume they will continue to, so around 40-45 studios by the end of 2022.

2 Likes

Star Wars Squadrons should have a patch for XSX yeah. It has been confirmed. But I’m not seeing a date being mentioned so I have no idea if the upgrade is there.

Sounds like it’s not ready yet.

I think we can cross Bluepoint off the MS list. But an equivalent studio that could do that job, Iron Galaxy Studios. they are basically a support studio, they have already worked with Rare and Double Helix helping with Killer Instinct 2013. I think it would be an interesting addition to the remake production. Bethesda has studios such as AlphaDog Studios and Roundhouse Studios they could produce remakes for the Xbox, they are studios still without a successful Ip, but with a lot of potential.

Im impressed with the controls of Gears Tactics. It plays really smooth, better than i expected. Not the type of game i play normally, but im enjoying it so far (act 1-6).

2 Likes

PES took a year off to make sure that PES 2022 is 100% next gen (new engine etc), chances are Fifa are also targeting next year’s game for the big upgrade

What’s uwu?

1 Like

an emoticon used as another way of typing the smiley face

What do you know? :smiley: