Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

I think the Gears 5 numbers aren’t as impressive as MS had hoped. But, who knows. Wonder if they’ve passed 5 million players at this point. You’d think so, right?

1 Like

Just after launch they had about 3 million players online. So it would be strange if they didn’t pass the 5 million to be honest.

Gears 5 brought in over three million players in the first weekend, which doubles the same figure for Gears of War 4, and marks Microsoft’s most successful first-party launch since Halo 4 on Xbox 360, according to the official announcement. Gears 5 sales are bad – it is also the most successful launch in series history.

Maybe not Gears online is known to be a brutally punishing game for beginner’s and likely most in these 3 million player pool played the campaign and only a part the multiplayer.

I could see that most gears players where there from day one. I would be delighted to be wrong ^^

Off topic: Yet I had no time to use my new series x… will change on this evening:)

I can get mine next week. Plan to use this setting. Can you try? Changing HDMI port to PC seem interesting.

With this website :

https://gamstat.com/games/xbox/

You can have a pretty good estimation of where games are in term of players. For Gears 5, it’s been a while he pass 8 millions players, and with Operation 5, Series enhancements and DLC in December, he will surely be around 10 millions by 2021 start.

3 Likes

Well seems like I was wrong:)

Have we posted the DMC5 comparison yet?

2 Likes

Never heard of this site… But, assuming the numbers are real or close to reality, The First-party titles are doing well. Halo MCC with more 20 million players, why this number is not disclosed? Looks so good.

Looks very cool.

2 Likes

Viva Piñata 2 confirmed :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

As for the auto HDR. You don’t get a notification (like with real HDR) that it’s enabled, right? We know that it won’t work for every non HDR game. This is just a case of “try it out and see for yourself”? :slight_smile:

I think MCC or massive Xbox hits doesn’t “need” confirmation of their success. MCC, Halo 5, Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves are all close or above 20 millions players cap and it’s not useful to remind it.

But it’s good to show that Grounded has 5 millions, State of Decay 2 (for those two games these number are MASSIVE) is close to 10 millions or even Battletoads and Wasteland 3 passed 1 million, because it’s a sign of variety and success for XGS.

Gears 5 is “solid” but not amazing in term of players. It’s good but not close to a beast like Sea of Thieves, Halo or Forza, but it’s still a big franchise for Xbox and clearly with the long term support, I could see him reaching the 13 millions players of Gears 4 (which was in Games with Gold).

Ah and Bleeding Edge has passed 1 million too, but NT and Xbox doesn’t seem to show support for this game anymore… sad.

2 Likes

In general.

There is a small story in the tutorials where your instructor shares her life stories. It’s suprisingly well written and natural.

Damn. Even more coming down the pipeline. Maybe global publishing has some cool stuff for 2021 they just weren’t ready to show in July.

1 Like

I have so many first world problems now. Should I play Ori in 120fps or 6k super sampled.
The latter looks sooooo good. I don’t have a 120hz TV, yet

1 Like

I’d do 6k. If you don’t have a 120hz refresh rate, the minor change in latency doesn’t make up for the drop in fidelity IMO.

6K mode is something else eh? Damn so good!

1 Like

Wow looks great

Direct ML is the future Ace Card. A studio to keep an eye on. Big potential.

5 Likes

I will give it a try tonight and let you know.

1 Like