Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

So are you telling Covid was a major problem for the launch plan of the new xbox HOW ON EARTH…

Yeah imagine people dismissing Covid huh

4 Likes

The new “Sea of Thieves” from Xbox. I hope this game gets more investment and attention from Xbox Game Studios because it has so much potential here. 5 Million players, a game with 4 months to live is a lot.

3 Likes

Anyone having trouble with data sync? I’ve been trying to get the data from my WWE 2K19 (don’t laugh) save from the cloud onto the Series X, but it just does not like it today. Sometimes gets to 39% but then just dies

And it hasn’t even launched:)

2 Likes

Yep indeed this game has so much potential. Such a great game. Great universe. They have to keep it. Really interested ti see where they gonna go with this franchise.

1 Like

i’m sad Im most likely not getting my series x until friday, but the weird thing is it’s a in facility that is very close to me. It just got prcoessed an hour ago, but they most likely won’t ship tomorrow becuase government holiday tomorrow

1 Like

yeah this would have most likely not even seen the light of day, if it was not for the XGS purchase, this allowed them to take the risk and make and release the beta and you can tell with each update that they release that more resources have been put in, this is all due to XGS backing and freedom for the devs to be allowed to take chances.

3 Likes

Same here probably, my Xbox Series X has been sitting in a facility that’s only like 30 minutes from where I live. It says it was supposed to arrive today but it’s getting pretty late and there’s still no sign of it. I really hope I don’t have to wait till Friday.

1 Like

Grounded reaching 5 Million players, reminded me that Microsoft never mentioned active users of Gears 5… Forza Horizon 4, State of Decay 2, Batletoads, Ori 2 had the numbers released. whas going on with Gears 5? are they ashamed to disclose active users? :giphy:

Not to say they hear nothing about active users, they reported that Gears 5 reached 3 million players in its first weekend.

They probably only mentioned Grounded because they wanted to celebrate it hitting a milestone. Plus it’s quite impressive for a game made by a 14-person team.

4 Likes

:smirk::ok_hand:

10 Likes

Yessss, let’s go! My Xbox Series X just arrived!

5 Likes

Mine has been on a delivery truck since 1:30am. I have no idea where it went off to, but I’ve been in my living room for 8 hours. Thanks Walmart Canada!

Walmart Canada?

Holy shit, this conse is next gen for me.

Insane load speeds, everything works in harmony, and looks lncredibly unique on my shelf.

Some of my favorite things that aren’t games about the new console:

HDMI-CEC - everything now just works, no setup needed

Alexa integration: they work even faster and better with the Series X. Its super responsive now

Dynamic themes - dashboard is absolutely beautiful in idle mode, hope they add ambient audio soon. I’m pretty sure those lights between the waves are ray traced

Dashboard - everything is extremely fast and responsive. You can’t ask for a faster dash

On boarding - Series X set up was less than 10 minutes, the app makes it an absolute breeze.

Instant loading for everything - everything feels ridiculously fast

Quiet - I can’t even tell if its on, I’ve never heard a console so quiet

Controller - that super subtle change to ergonomics makes it feel like a dream in the hands. I have no idea how they did it, but they improved the controller

8 Likes

I freaking love Gears Tactics. Hope they will expand on a sequel and make it more XCOM like. Great game.

So I can play Xbox one games off my external drive on my series X. I Was under the impression that I couldn’t.

Take a game like call of duty warzone. I can currently play it on my external. But if it gets a next gen upgrade I will have to transfer it to my internal?

Got mine! Only got to play for about 30 minutes but I’m about to do a deep dive on Assassins Creed. So far I’ve messed around with a few titles. Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of Thieves performance is legitimately impressive. Noticed right away. Wasn’t as impressed with Gears 5 because that game already ran so well and I haven’t played multiplayer at 120 yet. Tetris looks great but obviously not a hardware showcase. Overall very pleased with my purchase

The Moon CEO said WOTW got 1 million players in 4 days in a thread on otherera

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1326324382113787904?s=20

4 Likes