Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

I think that every company stays with their Digital events for at least the next few years which I personally don’t mind but I do prefer to see all the showcases in one week like E3 has been in the past. I hate everything being spread out.

2 Likes

This gives me hope that we will see densely populated hubs in space station in Starfield. So exciting to see.

It’s lame that it’s still a while away. I hoped for a holiday 2021 release.

2 Likes

Todd Howard said a while, I hope it’s not 2022/3

I still believe it’s going to release late 2021 because the leaker said this

More FanFest goodness y’all, check your emails.

Last week we announced the Xbox Launch Celebration, a global livestream that will accompany you as you play along with Team Xbox on November 10th to celebrate the launch of the new Xbox generation. As a registered Xbox FanFest fan, you will get access to enter to win sweepstakes prizes and one-of-a-kind meet and greet experiences.

2 Likes

They said showing the game is a while away which means no TGAs likely. This could be due to the deal needing finality before anything non-Deathloop/Ghostwire/Doom Eternal is shown. It still could make 2021.

2 Likes

I think 2021. That’s 6 years of dev work across Maryland and Montreal, with a few extra years from Dallas. Austin’s doing 76 and Maryland, Dallas and Montreal assisted there (Maryland did the world iirc and Emil wrote the game) but Starfield has been in some form of dev since 2015. That said, if it needs more time, that’s ok. We aren’t hurting for great RPGs and while I have no issues with “Bugthesda” (I find the bugs charming) in its traditional sense, FO76 was a bridge too far. If a game has bugs it has bugs. When the bugs fuck up the base experience, it’s too much.

It was a great interview for sure. I like how he explained the procedurally generated stuff like trees and lands and that they always go over them to see if it’s how they wanted and from what I understand all the other things are handcrafted, which is exactly how it should be because that is where BGS truly shines at, their own created cities, interiors, caves, dungeons and so on.

If their game worlds are gonna be that much larger than before I definitely get them looking even more at PG content, as long as it doesn’t feel copy and pasted, should have its own identity it should be fine.

1 Like

Barring work from home issues I think it’s late next year with Halo Infinite being the 1st half.

3 Likes

I’d take this with a grain of salt, but I’d love for there to be a Ryse sequel.

9 Likes

Oh really

I hope so. Zenimax still has to have another game or 2 planned for 2021 besides ghostwire and death loop surely.

2 Likes

Who owns the Ryse IP?

3 Likes

Crytek does, I’m pretty sure.

Then if all goes well we should get a full reveal at “E3” because BGS is very fond of that “reveal and release in the same year” which indeed is very appreciated. What Howard said in the interview made a lot of sense about having to take the time out of game development to make a gameplay demo. So instead of showing one at a show and blowing people away, they’d have to worry about topping that demo for a second showing. It’s better to just do it once, and mostly just work on the game.

I’m 100% in favor of that approach. They have a huge reveal and then only a few months later it’s in your hands. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Would definitely love this. Surprised Crytek isn’t contracted out more often for exclusives given how jaw dropping they games tend to be.

Unfortunately for all we know this could be a cancelled sequel.

1 Like

Really? I could’ve sworn it was an Xbox IP.

Hmm makes me worried that I haven’t received anything. I figured it would workout that way. It would be too perfect for the new Xbox to come out and ship too me on my b day

I would too… I’d also love for MS to swoop in and acquire them to save them from the financial issues they’ve had over the years. CryEngine is a fantastic engine that would really benefit from optimization that more focused development could provide (PC and Xbox). Plus, if it means we get Ryse 2, I’m down :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to see a sequel to Ryse. It had a ton of potential. Maybe Global Publishing is helping out? I don’t really care if it’s an exclusive, I’d just like to see a sequel.

1 Like