Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

For me it was Visions of Mana yesterday, went for the digital deluxe version, but since we are getting COD for free I might pay for that Vault Edition upgrade!

1 Like

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1801242504672522383?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

What’s up with studios having sick art? First Avowed now this.

11 Likes
1 Like

Giving me Crackdown vibes

Weird how he tried to pass that info about the Infinity serving as a hub as new info when it was leaked on Resetera before Infinity launched.

2 Likes

The outfit she’s wearing in the key art seems to be the same one Hazel was wearing in one of the concept arts from awhile back. We haven’t actually seen it in any of the trailers yet.

5940b69721be-project-midnight

Compulsion also released another concept piece a few days ago. Last year they released one of Shakin’ Bones so i’ll add it here too.

The top one is by João Bragato and the bottom is by Rael Lyra.

Rael also released this concept art of this crow character a few years back. They look like they could be part of South of Midnight, but it’s also possible it isn’t. It’s a cool design anyhow.

14 Likes

So Bramble is leaving gamepass on the 15th, does that mean I have until midnight today to finish it or does it disappear tomorrow midnight?

Tomorrow midnight, though I think it goes a bit further, but take it like it ends tomorrow.

Alright, cool. Thanks!

It does bear mentioning as not everyone seems to know if you like the game, buy it before it leaves the service to get the 20% off that you get for being a member and it being in the service.

1 Like

I’m liking it so far! :+1:

1 Like

Lucky me bought rune factory 4 five days prior. Gotta support Marvelous so they can bring more games over. Same for Level 5, once we.get more of their games.

1 Like

https://x.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1801685344292901328

Game is going to be awesome.

7 Likes

https://youtu.be/mea3SMKrA1E?si=YMGYwutKnw1gtH6e

1 Like

Feels good to have a stacked roadmap. :phil_lmao:

7 Likes

I swear MS trust Playground more than other studios to handle the marketing given a fact that Fable is the only upcoming 1st party game with zero article/interview past this year’s showcase. Even Perfect Dark got one!.

I guess that’s not surprising seeing the huge success of the FH series both critically and sales-wise. Eh just need 6 months more before another developer direct.

1 Like

FH5 was a bit of a marketing masterclass by PG, from the initial reveal at the Xbox showcase, where they showed scenery and transitioned to a race, blew people’s minds. Then they kept showcasing key details of the game with the !letsgo series every month leading up to launch, continuously building up hype.

I think they can do something similar with Fable, they should have lots of cool, unique elements to show off, considering how little they have shown to date, given the scope of the game.

7 Likes

Xbox has like 28 studios?

They can theoretically pump out 4 games every year with a 7 year dev cycle. They are like perpetual publisher at this point.

Is it only 28, I thought it was closer to 40 these days.

It depends on how you want to break them up.

Xbox Game Studios:

• Rare
  • The Coalition
  • The initiative
  • Turn 10
  • Playground
  • Double Fine
  • Compulsion
  • Obsidian
  • InXile
  • Mojang
  • Ninja Theory
  • Undead Labs
  • Xbox Game Studios Publishing

Total: 15

Bethesda:

• Bethesda Game Studios
  • Zenimax Online
  • id
  • Arkane Lyon
  • Machine Games

Closed/Assimilated Elsewhere:

• Arkane Austin
  • Roundhouse
  • Alpha Dog
  • Tango

Total: 5

Activision/Blizzard King (Their website lists 33 studios/locations): Activision | Studios & Locations

• Beenox
  • Demonware
  • Digital Legends
  • Elsewhere Entertainment
  • High Moon Studios
  • Infinity Ward
  • Raven Software
  • Sledgehammer Games
  • Solid State Studios
  • Treyarch
  • Blizzard
  • King

Total: 12

Rough Total : 32

But that doesnt take into account multiple teams within studios etc. Blizzard alone is somewhere between 5-10 teams alone.

7 Likes