Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

Sorry I am totally new to this franchise. Are there usually any story expansions released?

Yes, it’s the same as D2 and D3.

Yes, there are. Technically, the seasons are also providing additional lore/story and we’re getting a proper expansion later this year as well.

2 Likes

Yes and I don’t believe those are tied specifically to seasonal characters, so you should be good to roll a regular character.

Think of the seasonal characters as being there for the hardcore diablo players that want a reason to keep starting over.

Absolutely wild that we cant play Diablo 4 through the cloud… Assume this is because of the CMA hearing

3 Likes

The streaming rights to the games are owned by Ubisoft I think for like 15 years, although I also thought MS was allowed to pay them back to use it if they want to.

2 Likes

Something something can’t agree on a reasonable price. So in the meanwhile, Ubisoft is without a cloud streaming platform, and the IP Licenses Ubisoft bought sit there going unused.

Sucks because Diablo 4 and especially COD would be huge on xcloud.

1 Like

Every game ABK has ever released and will release for the next 14 years has its cloud streaming rights owned by Ubisoft, forever

3 Likes

How they obtain it or permit it again? That part I often forget how it works.

Forced by the CMA to “help citizens”

4 Likes

So the CMA fought tooth and nail to make streaming worse for everyone, but maybe Ubisoft makes some money potentially

Why is it taking Ubisoft so long to get ABK games up on their service anyway. Geforce Now had games on the service like a month after the close of the deal.

1 Like

They have the cloud rights not ownership of games. They still need to pay for the games to be on their service, they do have negotiating rights for the cloud though.
Microsoft will probably charge a pretty penny.

They still dont have an actual cloud platform. Thats why.

The download and play the game locally rights remains with Microsoft.

1 Like

Are Pillars games known for their great music, or you know, Obsidian games overall? I am a sucker for great music in games, especially so a RPG.

Meh, I wouldn’t say it’s great or iconic. Pillars 1 had a great main menu theme, but I found the rest to be pretty forgettable.

• Ubisoft will not have exclusive cloud rights for the 30 countries in the EEA…

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1796167620984451180

This is going to be big.

10 Likes

Minecraft Telltale games were pretty great too. I hope they take inspiration from that.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

12 Likes