Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

They are clearly looking towards the games which are bigger then platforms.

1 Like

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1760719853231485339?s=20

5 Likes

AoE event is happening tomorrow

4 Likes

Yep, after ABK I didn’t think we would see anymore ‘big’ acquisitions but now I’m certain they will. The multiplatform strategy will help push further publishers through.

Considering how much emphasis they put on this in the business update I think it’s inevitable!

However what will they do? Try and grow them internally or keep acquiring? If it’s the latter then Roblox or Final Fantasy would likely be the next one IMO.

1 Like

Can we at least get Hearthstones on consoles! I am begging

Honestly that should have been done by Blizzard a long time ago on pretty much all consoles, including Switch.

1 Like

Not seeing the connection between these two

Roblox is basically another Minecraft so I get the logic but FF?

Hate it or love it but FF has a large community (I’m personally not a fan).

Nowhere as big as something like Roblox, Genshin Impact, GTA or Fortnite etc but it’s a reasonable acquisition they could toy with.

Isn’t Roblox a bit of an IP infringement quagmire? I’m only cursorily familiar with it, but that’s been my impression from what I’ve seen.

If that assumption is correct, I could see that being enough of a red flag for Microsoft to stay away.

1 Like

They seem to have worked with Playground on optimization so this probably indicates game is in later stages of development

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/noclipvideo/status/1760760100426559512

5 Likes

This morning I check my Google news feed and there’s a spoiler for the Halo TV show in the headline of a Polygon news article. In my head I was thinking, “surely this is a spoiler for last week’s episode, not the one that was just released hours ago”.

But nope. They literally spoiled an episode that was posted in the middle of the night before anyone got a chance to see it.

I’m behind on finishing my next game, but this gives me fuel to finish it soon so I can deny Polygon a review copy.

10 Likes

I think it’s a difficult one as Roblox is more of a hub of user created games rather than a game itself.

Trying to manage what people create would be a legal nightmare. I guess it’s not too dissimilar to Minecraft where people can create maps based on Film/TV and other games.

1 Like

Ahh ok, I just thought it was odd that you picked those two in particular

Day one on console!

30 Likes

Once they understood how it works, they know what to do going forward. Experience is key.

11 Likes

Not so impossible after all huh?

Console :muscle:

5 Likes

Most excellent. Yet another first party game.

3 Likes

yet another first party EXCLUSIVE btw

2 Likes

Man, Xbox first party is stacked this year it’s insane!

7 Likes