Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

There will be no next gen only titles

6 Likes

I didn’t want to go that far but honestly, I think you might be right, PS6 will be the same, the costs are simply becoming astronomical and starting from scratch every gen just doesn’t make sense anymore

4 Likes

And there shouldn’t to be honest. There should be Xbox ecosystem exclusives though, but no next gen exclusives. I was looking at Gamepass numbers though compared to Series consoles sales as well as the fact we know PC Gamepass isn’t doing huge numbers (allegedly) and I feel like there are still a lot of Xbox One gamers that haven’t moved on yet. MS needs to figure a way to get those people on Xbox Series or next gen Xbox ASAP!

5 Likes

They’ll likely upgrade when more and more big hitters come out, especially when things like CoD and Fifa go next gen only, as well as GTA6

I see Microsoft being cross-generation for two years and Sony basically being 50/50 with some games being cross-gen and some games not being cross-gen. Basically, the same as what this generation started out as.

Given the disappointing sales of the PS5’s exclusive SIE games (Returnal, Ratchet, Demon’s Souls), I’m not sure Sony will adopt the same strategy for the PS6.

3 Likes

We’re still 4+ years away from knowing for sure. Just have to wait and see.

Yeah… We’re already on rolling bases but some still aren’t realizing it.

They don’t have to be making them themselves, co-dev and outsourcing.

And speaking of that, man I’d really love a Halo RPG…

If Xbox is seriously considering releasing a new console at the end of 2026, we could imagine titles like Perfect Dark, Clockwork Revolution, State of Decay 3, Everwild, a very solid Call of Duty (not like in 2023) and the next iD Software game being present at launch.

With even better versions of 2025 games (Gears 6, Fable, Contraband, South of Midnight, etc.) and great promises for 2027-2028 (Forza Horizon 7… if number 6 comes out this year, a Halo campaign, Blade, OD, TES 6, etc.), the console would have some incredible arguments to make.

0 next gen exclusive games at launch is a great way for it to sell worse than the Series Consoles. If you dont give people a reason to buy your console then they wont.

We just saw how much that didnt work.

4 Likes

People can buy in when they are ready to upgrade. Games with $200 million budgets necessitate a large user base. Feeding a subscription service necessitates providing new content to the majority of your consumers, many of which are not upgrading immediately.

Cross gen is here to stay.

7 Likes

Xbox Series consoles still sold with an empty launch lineup, 0, not just no next-gen exclusive, no, ZERO launch games.

And PS5 launched with a remake of a PS3 game that could have easily been cross gen. If the game you designed can run on old hardware then release it on old hardware lol

6 Likes

We are at the point where old ass hardware like PS4 and XB1 still get games in 2024, big games too; Series X and PS5 should be able to play just about anything for like the next decade. We are no longer in the era of specific games for specific hardware, things scale, “cross-gen” is gonna be even more the norm.

1 Like

OBJECTION !

Gears Tactics console edition was day and date :sunglasses:

1 Like

Cyberpunk 2077, other than on PC, ran best on the Series X.

That’s not a launch title, not first party nor exclusive in any capacity.

Its earlier release on PC was not the best in hindsight because it didn’t give the game much importance for the console launch, hence why I forgot it about it lol.

It was just a month from launch and effectively had “Xbox Advantage”. And then became Digital console exclusive.