Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

An XO basically in the last couple of years?

The most important thing for people who want to see these games is that they will get to see them soon because they are set to release soon.

How they want them to be shown is honestly their perogative, but just don’t try and assume Greenberg means an event and then moan when it doesn’t happen.

That’s true, those could be fine sources for it. Starfield I can see getting bigger exposure. Maybe for that they do have a dedicated stream, on the other hand they already did the deep dive and knowing Todd he doesn’t want to spoil too much.

I think we’re going to get a live stream by Xbox or by Bethesda in the new year before the launch of the games. I don’t think it’s going to be a huge E3 event with showcases of brand new games or anything. Remember Halo Infinite Season 3(?) starts in March as well so they could show stuff about that too. Plenty of content they have to have a decent 60 minute/90 minute stream.

• Show Redfall
  • Show Starfield
  • Show Forza Motorsport
  • Show Game Pass titles + announcements
  • Show GaaS updates like Halo Infinite

I think that would be a great little showcase to start the year right.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised as the games are there and if release schedule is adhered to they will not have to be shown at E3.

I just wouldn’t take Greenberg’s tweet as evidence necessarily.

1 Like

How’s Halo looking now? Any sign of more PvE stuff even through Forge?

Well I’ve been saying they’ll do an event for a while haha, not recently because he tweeted something, like you said it doesn’t always mean what people want it to mean. But I honestly don’t think they are seriously going to shadow drop these games, despite all the talk about MS marketing.

What I liked during TGA was that some stuff got dates. People that only have a PS5 know exactly when to expect FF16 and the HfW expansion. We’re a little more than three months away from a very plausible Redfall release, so it really can’t be long until stuff starts to happen, like a release date. And there’s supposed to be a beta too…

Let’s stay positive and assume Starfield is June, maybe a release date announcement in March or April would be my guess. We know that if it were up to Todd he’d keep the marketing campaign super short, way shorter than what F4 got, his words.

But this silence can’t possibly go on much longer, I sure hope it doesn’t.

1 Like

Hints:

Geoff some days early said that show will be shorter. Why he did that?

Jez was also hearing xbox no show on TGA or something similar

It obvious that Xbox had something planned to show but they were tracking the status with FTC. That’s why Jez came to know xbox might not be a show on TGA

As we approached near to the show xbox must have came to know that FTC may sue right at the point or near the show

That’s why Geoff only few days earlier said that show would be small because by that time xbox must have known that FTC infact giving the decision on the very same day as TGA

So Xbox back off from TGA

Yes, but I mean to make it more into an event where you can also interview developers (and film interviewing them while doing so). Something very similar to 2010, 2011 style of previewing.

Jez did indeed say he heard all kinds of things, didn’t he also say conflicting info? Not sure if he said that. It was however his speculation that it was due to regulatory reasons. But the FTC thing would be a good reason yeah. Now that they know they are being sued they might as well go ahead and drop whatever they had planned anyway. Something has to happen, obviously, if these titles are still tracking well. And Phil did say they were.

I don’t believe the ftc decision had anything to do with it just like I don’t believe Sony cancelled a show because of the deal going on. These things have nothing to do with the ongoing merger and the government agencies won’t take any of that into account for their ruling.

I think if regulatory agencies were acting purely off logic then the deal wouldnt be at risk. Nobody knows for sure, but seeing the stuff they are bringing up, I wouldn’t be surprised if Xbox was hesitant to ramp up marketing for games that they are being called out for making exclusive.

5 Likes

They’ve talked about wanting to add campaign AI enemies to Forge but there’s no timeframe on it.

Any new campaigns will likely be a similar development time as usual for a Halo game, so 2024 earliest.

We did get co-op and new achievements for campaign which is the closest to PvE content we’ve had so far.

1 Like

That’s nice to hear that it’s at least in their thoughts. I loved the campaign, I think the community could come up with some amazing PvE stuff if given the tools.

1 Like

I’m usually not too concerned about these events. I have more than enough good and interesting games to play for today and the foreseeable future.

But where is my promised Remaster of Goldeneye!? Whats the hold up here exactly?

Lol The FTC literally had a lie that Sony trolls say about MS lying as a core pillar of their suit. They absolutely care about this stuff

1 Like

The more I think about it the more I believe it has something to do with it after all. We saw Phil sitting there and he didn’t look exactly incredibly happy, which is understandable with the news they just got. Phil is well aware of the excitement for their upcoming games and the expectations for a show like TGA, obviously he’s the kind of person that finds joy in seeing the fans cheering while he’s in the crowd too. I do not believe they didn’t have a single thing to show, but them holding back because of the ongoing deal starts to make more sense now. We can’t know for sure though.

This is the wrong thread so I’ll just direct you to Hoegs tweet about it: Richard Hoeg auf Twitter: „So, as I have been critical of the FTC’s overall thesis of the MS/ABK case, I think it only fair when I point out when I think things are not quite as dire as some are reporting. In short, I think the FTC “lied” about the EU is a bit misleading.“ / Twitter

4 Likes
7 Likes

Greenberg was right.

1 Like