Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

I am not upset, calm down.

I think the naming “Microsoft Gaming” has more meaning than just a rebranding of Xbox. It encompasses that the market for MS is way larger than the Xbox consoles.

And we do not care about what the average joe thinks. Xbox are playstation for him, anyway.

Xbox is no longer just the console and hasn’t been since like 2015/16?

Whether you want to call it MS gaming or just Xbox which it still is, that’s up to you

6 Likes

That King’s Circle is wrong representation … Lol

1 Like

There isn’t such a thing as “Microsoft Game Studios” (it was actually Game not Gaming) right now at MS, this is not a thing since 2011. In 2019 Microsoft Studios was rebranded as Xbox Game Studios.

Our 23 game development studios, now including the studios under Bethesda Softworks, focus on delivering great games for everyone, wherever they play – on console, PC, or mobile devices. We’re responsible for developing and publishing some of the biggest franchises in history: Age of Empires, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, Minecraft, Fallout, Microsoft Solitaire, Microsoft Flight Simulator, DOOM, The Elder Scrolls, and many more. We believe that play is the thing that unites everyone, because when everyone plays, we all win.”

10 Likes

To be precise, It is Microsoft Gaming , which is the cover of all those studios. Since January 18th 2022.

You have Microsoft Gaming as a whole, composed by Xbox Game Studios, Zenimax and soon ABK.

2 Likes

You can call it Microsoft, Bill Gates or Windows Game Studios if you like but Xbox Game Studios is the right term. Xbox is everything MS gaming related right now, it’s that simple. :man_shrugging:

Xbox Game studios is the 13 studios under Matt Booty direction, that is all.

Apparently you missed that so let’s go again:

1 Like

Not according to the website linked just above where Xbox says it includes Bethesda / Zenimax

The website dates from the acquisition of Zenimax, whereas the creation of Microsoft Gaming has been decided at the proposition of buying ABK in 2022, and will be official at the closure of the deal.

I did find what I think you’re alluding to with the announcement of the merger - but I can’t really see them using that as anything external facing. Then again, Microsoft has a history of poor naming choices, so who knows. Either way though - people are going to still call it Xbox - as the overarching construct which includes all of the gaming subsidiaries Microsoft owns - and that’s a good thing because it’s a well-established brand.

Xbox currently includes console, PC & a teensy bit of phone gaming, the studios which fall under Matt Booty & Bethesda Softworks which includes all of the Zenimax components, and it will include ABK. Even the org chart picture that shows that Phil Spencer is CEO of Microsoft Gaming is headed by the Xbox logo.

2 Likes

Xbox is not a good brand everywhere in the world outside US. I do not think they want to kill the console platform, but they have much higher objectives for PC and cloud, smart TV, where the Xbox brand does not matter and is even obstructive.

Microsoft Gaming is not only a facing, it has an organisation, management and finances, with Phil on top. I think it has much more positive than negative. It hides the xbox, but put gaming as a pillar of Microsoft.

We will see what will happen next.

What will people call it is irrelevant, many people call the switch the Nintendo playstation.

Totally agree on everything, I guess until they become “Microsoft Gaming Studios” we can call them Xbox Game Studios just fine. :philwins:

3 Likes

And yet, it’s the Xbox showcase with Starfield direct not the Microsoft Gaming showcase. It’s the Xbox booths that will be at gamescon and tgs, because Xbox is the forward facing brand name, and Microsoft Gaming is the business name to indicate that Xbox is no longer a side project.

7 Likes

Good point it makes it very clear

5 Likes

Why are you guys arguing over semantics

8 Likes

Seriously. I came in here and y’all arguing about a name? Ok, I’m out again.

1 Like

LMAO. Everyone going nuts with the naming. I list every first party game under Microsoft as the publisher and call it a day. lol

1. I don’t appreciate being called a twit.

2. I suggest you go back and re-read the posts to look at who started this completely unnecessary argument. If you don’t agree with a post or in this case a single word maybe just scroll on in future.

3 Likes