Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Demon dating sim :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

A sad Dad demon walking sim.

2 Likes

Guiding it’s small imp boy through hell on a journey of redemption.

2 Likes

Todd dislikes the idea of remaster. I would be surpise if he changed his opinion.

And honestly if you want to play Oblivion or Morrowind on a newer engine, you should check out Skyblivion and Skywind. Amazing fan projects in the making.

Here is a newest gameplay demo of Skywind. Looks really good.

1 Like

Let’s face it. Worst game ever is a way to pin on Xbox to be an awful platform more so than stating the truth and even then, it’s all subjective.

11 Likes

For the showcase I really want Halo 3 Anniversary in full next-gen glory. H2A campaign was perfect. Hoping this was planned for the 15th anniversary in 2022 but got delayed to 2023.

Waiting 20 years to remake one of the most iconic and successful games of the 360 doesn’t make any sense, especially when everyone but MS is doing remakes here and here. And the longer I have to wait for H3A, the longer I have to wait for the Halo Reach remake after that.

2 Likes

I feel like we would’ve heard of it by now.

It’s average i agree with that. Worst game ever? Not even close.

Maybe if these lame reviewers actually play more games? They would know, it not even close to being the worst game ever.

If they actually play many games and not just a couple a year for reviews they would know that.

Example, Just go to new game section on Xbox store or Steam, and see the list of new games that release daily. If these so-call reviewers actually play them games they would know Redfall is no where the worst game ever.

5 Likes

Hey maybe they can aim for the 20th, if they started a H3 remake now they wouldn’t be far off. Either way, I’m totally on board with 343 taking advantage of some remasters/remakes - rely on outsourcing to take the burden off the smaller single player team and start getting more consistent Halo releases out there while they work on whatever comes next.

I really would like to know more about the projects and state of affair in 343In. Most of the Xbox studios have a clear roadmap. After the recent layoffs we have no vision on the future of the studio in terms of orientation. This is the biggest Xbox studio. It is like for Naughty Dog, we had no ideas about the future orientations of the studio (SP, MP, 3rd parties licensing, etc)

1 Like

It is the worst time to release a game for Xbox, that is for sure. The dynamics was there after HiFi Rush and to a lesser extent MineCraft Legends (which I think will end up a success in its non-hardcore public, like the switch). We had also multiple “It does not matter” game extensions like the rally extension for FH5. The dynamics was good. Then Redfall. Then we have nothing to counter until the Showcase which appears now to be anxiously awaited. a good Redfall launch should have been what it is needed to prepare the minds of the public for the show, this is where the biggest impact and missed opportunity lie.

Looking at Redfall, I think missed gameplay vision could be forgotten, I expect that doing something is always a risk. Still, I agree that the lack of polish and finition is not acceptable from the biggest software publisher in the world.

I agree that Redfall is at best/at worst generic and average, which is already a problem for what is one of the best devs in the world. It is also a matter of expectations.

Some info from the Spanish Xbox Insider:

1. He also heard that the “12 months window” has been cut for the Xbox Showcase.

2. Perfect Dark is aiming for a 2025 release. The game is a infiltration/spy game, will be in 1st person, with heavy emphasys on mouvement (like Mirror’s Edge), has a complex crowd system with advanced AI and “deep” cities. The game is developped by a team of 50 people from The Initiative + 100 people from Crystal Dynamics + 100 peoole from Certain Affinity.

3. Xbox Game Publishing is working with various Japanese studios. One of these is UNSEEN, studio created by Ikumi Nakamura. Based on some job offers, it will be an open-world action game with stylized graphics and maybe even co-op. (N.B. I don’t know Spanish so I don’t understand 100% everything he says, I don’t know if XGP is ACTUALLY working with UNSEEN or COULD be working with them)

4. The Coalition is revolutionazing the Gears series. The animation system has been completely revolutionised for Gears 6 (Gears 4-5 were based on GEAR 1-2-3 system). The same technology is being used for State of Decay 3. Plus, they are also completely reworking the gameplay, with over 20 designers working on the game and they are still hiring. Gears 5 had only 6 gameplay designers. The Design Director of Gears 6 was also the lead mission designer of Sleeping Dogs. He heard Gears 6 could be showed at the Xbox Showcase but he doesn’t have any actual proof.

21 Likes

Sounds great if its true.

4 Likes

Don’t know, man. 1 and 2 could be anyones guess and 3 and 4 are super vague. I mean nothing sounds unbelieveable, I just don’t know if I wanna believe this guy has any actual info on that stuff. Does he have track record?

1 Like

I think he was the first one to leak the game made by Squanch Games and that it would be at MS show last year.

He has a good track record. He was the only one that teased about High on Life and he also showed images of the Kojima Cloud Game before anyone else. He also has leaked a couple of remastered games too.

6 Likes

That’s very detail and specific. I’m team real on this. Usually fakes are not this specific.

Was it known that CA were also working on PD or is this new? assuming its true that is

I don’t know how trustworthy all of his info is though, basically all three things have been rumored or speculated by people

PD was talked about being focused on movement/traversal years ago, someone on otherera was speculating about Unseen/Xbox just the other day and Gears 6 was already kind of known to be working on new animation tech when Booty said them and Undead Labs were collaborating for top notch animation stuff for SoD3

So it’s possible he’s just using other rumors but I believe he’s also got some stuff right before so hopefully he’s not BSing because all of this sounds great

there was a rumor before that ikumi making a game exclusively for a platform holder. and you know what the platform is. PS. just like the old rumors of DMC5 and FF paradise being locked to PS turned out to be BS.

that Jason guy ‘confirmed’ it during end of 2021.