Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

I don’t think anyone was expecting it the other way around. And as for Starfield, hopefully not too far down the road. But time will tell. I see people on twitter fully expect release dates for both games, they shouldn’t set these expectations for themselves.

1 Like

This is a problem with them, they need to talk less and show more IMO but I fully believe we’re seeing Hellblade 2 gameplay next month and that it will release next year in the second half which is why it wasn’t present at E3 since it wasn’t part of the games coming in the next 13 months, maybe I’ll get disappointed but Hellblade 2 has been in development since early 2018 and the first one came out in 2017… no reason to think it can’t launch in late 2023.

they literally said sheet while making fun the ‘unique’ date of Starfield in front of an xbox exec?. wtf…

13 Likes

?

1 Like

I am more than ready to see some Xbox games…

3 Likes

Redfall will be sometime 2023 and Starfield is later than that but still 2023

1 Like

The way the quote is worded it could mean Starfield is beyond the first half of next year, unless Redfall is early next year. I guess “down the road” could still have Starfield before E3 or maybe right after? Or maybe I shouldn’t read too much into it.

But Redfall clearly is first, as expected.

1 Like

We did have people crying online about that. It was just in forums, blogs, and comment sections. And probably My Space.

1 Like

When they first delayed it I thought it was going to be the Halo Infinite treatment, just do a full year delay. Actually launch their first game without an incredible amount of bugs. You know, if you are goin to delay it, do it right.

3 Likes

It’s probably why doing the same tactic as this year’s E3 for next year would be more “interesting “ since we have no knowledge what’s really coming out later half of 2023 and first of 2024.

1 Like

I really hope not man, a goddamn year from now? But it’s not like we can do anything about it if it does happen. I’m not gonna worry about it either. At least we still have tons and tons of stuff to play, both purchased, Game Pass and coming up!

The game didn’t look like it ran all that great in the gameplay trailers. Lots of dropped frames and choppyness. Definitely needed a lot of polish.

1 Like

That’s true, it was not on the same levels as previous BGS showings when it comes to that. I don’t recall these issues in the Fallout 4 or Skyrim deep dives, but still, a year to polish sounds enough?

And at the end of the day BGS titles will always have bugs. Even if it were to drop late next year, there will be bugs. I guess it depends on how bad the bugs are.

Xbox does videos raw or at least recently due to pandemic. It’s up to devs if they want to show it or not. It was said Playground don’t want to show anything until the game is not only polished but close to release. Even if it begins with “polished” showing from Bethesda, it’s not guaranteed to be as such. Fallout 76 sure became a great cautionary tale. Starfield is basically done, just need tuning. If they were alone like before, not only the game would be out in a week, but the polish will be absent.

1 Like

Pentiment releases in 11 days.

If you only think about the big guns, Starfield is coming soon™. Xbox will not be the same after that, it’s the start of the avalanche.

1 Like

The avalanche begins either Forza or Redfall. Starfield is their main event, unless they pull a double as in main event for first half, second half for someone else.

1 Like

I consider Redfall and Forza Motorsport as the rocks that triggers the avalanche with Starfield. :wink:

4 Likes

I was thinking of Age of Empires 2 but that works too.

1 Like

Contraband is too far away.

6 Likes