Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Damn. That’s a nice little setup over there at Arkane.

3 Likes

I think they rented out some venues in various locations, I think one was in Los Angeles another was in London for example

7 Likes

Yup, this was in Stockholm:

https://twitter.com/Bethesda_Nordic/status/1634119407726100481

9 Likes

Oh, okay. I thought that was Arkane’s Studio. Looking forward to the previews for Redfall later this month.

1 Like

Something that occurred to me was if the ABK deal does go through COD will become their big 4th quarter game on a yearly basis. Will they then adjust release dates of games based on that? The next two COD’s won’t be direct on gamepass but after that I could see them moving dates around.

3 Likes

Isn’t ABK moving away from yearly releases already?

1 Like

I think ABK would be the piece that allows them to really start spacing things out better. They should really concentrate on marketing and expansion after that whilst obviously keeping an eye open for any acquisition opportunities at the same time.

I don’t think Xbox puts much more thought into release dates beyond 'is game ready to be released? `

3 Likes

As long as it isnt exclusive, I doubt it. It will be a companion to MS other big games…we’ll get Forza Horizon + CoD free with gamepass. After 10 years, well obviously.

Finished Contrast. It was shorter than I expected, but really cool. Very interesting concept too. It reminded me a little of Zelda: A Link between Worlds. Or maybe it’s the other way around.

6 Likes

The ending was rushed, but it was really a creative game. I’m so excited for Project Midnight.

4 Likes

It might be the plan long term under Microsoft but they’ve pivoted this year to a full release. The rumors are most of it was to be dlc for the current COD but they’ve cut that and added some to make a new game

That isn’t Arkane but both Arkane offices are very nice. You can see them both in the Noclip documentary or pictures on their website (and a bit of Austin in the Developer Direct).

I think they will do what they always do, which is try and separate their games by a few weeks or a month. Who knows if CoD will factor into that, but if other games are ready to go, I doubt they will hold them back artificially just because CoD is releasing. Plenty of games release around CoD and still do very well. It’s about managing audiences.

3 Likes

Are the redfall impressions this week?.

March 22.

1 Like
9 Likes

13 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes
10 Likes