Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Their statements have been pretty definitive IMO, MP will continue to be supported and 343 will also continue to make ‘epic stories’. That means we’re going to continue getting Halo campaign and multi player experiences.

I think anything beyond that is detail that is far too early to talk about (or likely plans are not even final).

11 Likes

True, but I think issue with that statement you see websites and social media not clear about it. You’re right how it’s too soon to say plans, but will be nice at lke end of the year they tell us straight up what’s being worked. Again, I know it’s being privileged to ask that, but would be nice to know

1 Like

Reminds me of Futurama when Fry was in charge of stock market. Anything said that cares about the people, stocks drop; anything about business goes up.

I hope so, since unfortunately 343 has developed a habit of denying something, only for it to be confirmed as true later(which was why Brad Sams was being petty af), a lot of people that follow the drama likely don’t believe them.

He said, she said. If you want to know, work there.

3 Likes

I was playing Halo Infinite last night to finish the event pass and honestly it’s been so hard playing the game not feeling confident that it’ll be supported for as long as I would have hoped, and honestly that statement from 343 is just insanely vague, it manages to say something while also saying absolutely nothing.

If I had to guess I imagine we’ll get a blowout of information as to what the future of Halo Infinite itself looks like next month since they have to start pumping up marketing for season 3, but I think the long term is vague and I find that worrying as someone who feels Halo Infinite is the best MP game I’ve played in years.

If Forge couldn’t salvage Infinite from a player-base standpoint I don’t know if anything necessarily will and I kinda think the only way to save the game at this point is effectively a, Realm Reborn style re-launch, but the basis for that happening was always that it would happen alongside new campaign DLC.

I know 343 just denied it, but honestly, I would like to see part of their team be focused on working with outside studios to make single player content for the Halo IP as I think the IP is massively under-utilized in terms of what can be done in the single player stuff, but at the same time I want Halo Infinite to continue, and grow bigger and better, and it saddens me to say that I feel that’s very uncertain right now. I think the direction I’d want to see Halo go in is one where the multiplayer and single player stuff becomes separated where we have a main multiplayer game in Halo Infinite, and everything else that branches off it is single player that is done by either 343 or outside devs.

I’d love if Staten’s decision to move back to publishing involves him playing an integral role in shopping the Halo IP around to outside devs and bringing new single player titles to the IP. As the guy who historically seems to have been more involved with the single player side of things compared to the multiplayer it seems like a very fitting role for him assuming he still wants to work on the Halo IP and Brand

4 Likes

If it helps, MS has a pretty good track record of supporting games for a long time afaik (see Sea of Thieves and MCC). Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. That said, I fully understand the lack of confidence.

I’m hoping the rumored Hale battle royale blows up and has the production pipeline that Infinite sorely needed.

1 Like

March will have a Bethesda press event for TESO and Redfall. No word of Starfield.

April has something with Minecraft Legends, probably its release or also an event but release is more likely. February for Starfield show seems very likely and a release in June then? Even though June seems such an odd month for a BGS release. A press event for that could be April or May as well. Or no event and they just get sent review copies.

Lots of guessing still, but we shall soon find out.

Going by your post, nothing they say is gonna stop you from worrying. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yesterday i was complaining that Xbox first party doesn’t have enough original ideas…

Today I’m happy to see Hi-Fi Rush, a brand new original IP from Tango Gameworks that looks completely original and shadow dropped today onto Xbox Game Pass and Steam.

This is what I’m looking for!!!

6 Likes

FM in June and Starfield in July. I think they can do that. They did it in 2021 with Horizon 5 and Infinite.

Maybe in the E3, MS announce a XSX Starfield bundle

4 Likes
12 Likes

:drooling_face:

17 Likes

But that wouldn’t be first half anymore, so basically…a delay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Who knew there will be a twitter handle that has a game literally released today.

16 Likes

We gotta change the thread title. Theres a new first party game today!

And also if we count Goldeneye then Xbox is releasing three first party games this month.

5 Likes

I’m so happy Xbox has a snarky action hero! I love the sleazy sunset overdrive punk aesthetic and I think its really fitting for the Xbox branding.

I’m so excited to buy this game as soon as I get off the train from work. I’m gonna play it on my steam deck.

THIS is the game Xbox needs. PLEASE MICROSOFT, let Tango have teams that can fill out the double AA space with cool stuff like this. WE NEED STUFF LIKE THIS!

I was just complaining the other day about not enough Bleeding Edge type projects from Xbox anymore. We have it, we have our sunset overdrive type game now.

This is what we need!!

13 Likes

Ahem! Playing it right now and it looks great! I hope it does well!

4 Likes

Minecraft legends looks like it has a lot of similarities to clash of clans. Which sounds good to me.

I had zero interest in it before. Now I’m definitely intrigued.

4 Likes

Agreed!

But I also hope to see AAA from Tango again, a Evil Within 3 if you will, or a different horror game or something else.