Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

Ooooh, in that case I didn’t say anything :wink:

1 Like

Context is important, this ad was made with Halo in mind because Halo Infinite was supposed to be releasing soon. MC won’t be in ads about Fable or Avowed.

Uhhh Nintendo dependents on Mario and Zelda. Switch massive success is related to those games. (And animal crossing)

1 Like

Yeah, Titanfall 2 is completely better. I don’t get the contrarianism.

great Xbox studio tour vid

4 Likes

Uneducated consumers, which aren’t hardcore gamers, also think that PS is the Last of Us/God of War machine and Nintendo is Mario. Even more in countries other than the US, like here in Brazil - Nintendo is Mario and that’s it. Sony is Last of Us/GOW and that’s it. The ordinary consumer in most countries has no idea of what is Animal Crossing or even Uncharted, for instance. Most people don’t know Animal Crossing here.

In the new DF video we see AC Unity in 60fps now. If that is mostly a constant 60fps I might actually play the game now instead of leaving it in the backlog.

Backwards Compatibility by Xbox is something else man!

6 Likes

Falconeer runs on Unity, i don’t know if they even support the new DirectStorage API for next gen asset access.

2 Likes

Someone know from which game that ship is from? I can’t stop thinking if thats related to halo infinite now.

Since the marketing campaign was supposed to be based around Halo, its probably from Halo Infinite.

Don’t know if it has been posted yet but this is an amazing breakdown by DF using different SSD’s on the SX.

https://youtu.be/7y-Fy1Q2O2k

2 Likes

:phil_unsure: don’t do that, don’t give me hope, that ship doesn’t look forerunner or covenant and if they add new aliens im going to be pleasantly convinced to buy a limited edition console of infinite :craig:

2 Likes

It’s definitely not Halo, none of the existing factgions match that design and they definitely wouldn’t reveal them in an ad like this. The ad’s just related to the slogan “Power your Dreams”, so the ad agency probably just went nuts!

We know there’s still one out there, the unknown aliens that the covenant found, i think it was in halo: broken circle :craig:

Yeah, its sold me on getting a big(ish) SATA SSD and the Sabrent bridge for BC, I don’t think I can stomach those mechanical HDD load times anymore! and it seems a waste to use the valuable space on the internal drive for older games that it doesn’t benefit.

Yeah the difference is quite noticeable, but interestingly the mechanical drive wasn’t bad at all tests, at some it was very close actually, that surprised me.

I looked around online to see if a cheaper SSD (USB 3.1 or 3.2 is what Richard says is important) than the Samsung 870 but it seems that one is the cheapest. The off the shelf NVMe is significantly pricier here.

I’m just not sure if I should spend the 110 or so euros, it’s all for BC and I can’t help but think I should save up more money and buy the Seagate card so that I can play XSX games off that too and of course BC games as well.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m aware. My main point though, is that they won’t hint at any potential Halo story beats in an Xbox console ad. If it was a Halo trailer (much like the Halo 5: Guardians one), fair enough.

I’ll probably be buying that too lol, although I’m Thinking of holding out until I actually start needing it, by then It may be a little cheaper or other manufacturers with bigger sizes may be available. I’m also hoping a 3rd party will produce some sort of slot in adapter that lets us plug in any size NVMe, you can get a 2tb one for Just a few quid more than that official Sandisk one.

1 Like

Exactly! The waiting game is the best thing to do. At launch I’ll just install the games I actively am playing at that time and that should be fine. Sadly one of the games I am interested in is CoD and that one is undoubtedly going to take up tons of space.

Add was about powering your dreams not about halo infinite. This ad is advertising xbox series xs consoles not halo.

I agree, but it doesn’t suffer from the same narrative as Microsoft. [quote=“giovane, post:9355, topic:107”] Uneducated consumers, which aren’t hardcore gamers, also think that PS is the Last of Us/God of War machine and Nintendo is Mario. Even more in countries other than the US, like here in Brazil - Nintendo is Mario and that’s it. Sony is Last of Us/GOW and that’s it. The ordinary consumer in most countries has no idea of what is Animal Crossing or even Uncharted, for instance. Most people don’t know Animal Crossing here. [/quote]

I’m not from the same country so I can’t comment on that, but Sony certainly doesn’t suffer from narrative that’s it’s just about few games. Not does Nintendo. BTW animal crossing sold more than 20 million copies, so lots of uneducated consumers bought it. Tons of, actually.