Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

also important: what Microsoft owns, Amazon cannot get. And Google, and Tencent.

7 Likes

lol

Alanah has a new video out "SHOULD Bethesda games be exclusive’’

I don’t know man, it’s getting tiresome at this point. I can’t help but wonder if videos like these would’ve been made had Sony or Nintendo made this move, i really do.

Many people wanted Xbox to make a strong move, and they just did. Game Pass immeditately became even more of a amazing value. And MS at LEAST gives people options. Console? There’s Game Pass , digital and hard copies for Xbox. PC? There’s Game Pass and i’m sure they’ll release them outside of that for PC too, TV? Game Pass or Xcloud (in the future) , Android or Iphone? Same story.

Had Sony made the move…or Nintendo…it would have been Playstation consoles. Nintendo Switch.

6 Likes

Really interesting video, worth a watch!

She has had some bad takes lately. Unfortunate.

6 Likes

People keep bring up that PS sold 100+ millions console but most of the new games will be on next gen only so its 0 to 0 right now and if they dont think The Elder Scrolls Fallout and Doom are going to help sell Xboxs they are in for a rude awakening

6 Likes

8 Likes
5 Likes

@Cyrus_ATX

Thanks keep up posting the good stuff! Appreciated!

1 Like

Np! :+1:

This place is awesome for all Xbox fans.

6 Likes

Really two more? Where did you get this information?

If you ask @Sikamikanico nicely, maybe he will tell you :wink:.

Rand said on the Xbox two podcast he thinks we will hear more studios by the end of the year too

3 Likes

Oh interesting :thinking:

This is true, but MS and Sony’s approach is different.

Sony has basically one platform (PS) that they want to funnel people into. Their goal isn’t to help grow any particular game past what it can do on their platform. The Last of Us exists to sell Playstations, it is not really meant to go beyond its cage so to speak.

MS has multiple platforms so it can’t just funnel people into Xbox using exclusives. Yes they want you in the MS ecosystem, but using that method of exclusivity doesn’t work as well with multiple platforms. The perception of “I can only play it one place” is gone. This is why MS talks about playing anywhere, they are shifting away from that false scarcity “you can only play it here” method of selling. Instead it now becomes more important for games to be well known, for the games themselves to be huge. This is MS looking at owning the next Minecraft, Fortnite, FIFA, etc… and then letting people play it on a bunch of MS devices and on MS servers.

Essentially Sony is still putting the console above the games, while MS is putting the games above the console.

What was so interesting about this video lol

Phil doing work getting anime games like Deathsmiles 1+2 and Gal Gun.

Lol Phil’s plans coming to fruition

Phil has a plan

Dutch has a plan too but…

Former Rockstar North boss raises $42m for his GTA rival Netease invests in Leslie Benzies’ new studio

1 Like

Hahahaha

6 Likes