Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

EA was one of the bidders for Zenimax

Sorry about the post to a post

2 Likes

People here still debating if Bethesda’s games will be going to PS5 or not? Am I on the correct ERA site??? scratches chin

Lol we already know what will happen but some are doing mental gymnastics lying to themselves.

Sad but true. lol

1 Like

Also it is ironic how people were downplaying and bashing Xbox games by saying “Oh well not true exclusives, they’re all on PC anyway, I’ll just play them there” but now that MS owns Bethesda it’s “Please Xbox better put Starfield, Elder Scrolls etc on PS5. Otherwise, they would lose sales”.

Where are these PC then?

I think I found their PC rigs

EitQxprVoAAeYJb

13 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA. That’s freaking funny!!!

Sony fanboys always said that Microsoft needed more studios and more games. Then when it happens, they all make excuses. It’s hilarious.

The PC stuff is also funny. As none of them realize that Microsoft doesn’t care if you play on console, PC or X-Cloud.

2 Likes

I hope 343 or ID software can create a battle royale game. I’m a BR fan, but 343 or ID gunplay would be so good for that genre

2 Likes

They’re in full on denial. I never seen a group of people that believe, for one second, that a company would make a purchase that large to sell the competitors product. This was 100% an “all in” move. I don’t see Sony going “you know what would be nice? Let’s round up all those games that we money hatted to keep them away from Xbox and just totally let them have them to play too. While we’re at it, let’s go ahead and let Capcom release Street Fighter 5 on the Xbox.”

7 Likes

“Will Xbox Game Pass come to Playstation?”

3 Likes

Good ole EA.

It’s not that, it’s nothing that insidious. They just can’t think beyond the “console war”. Everything is “Xbox vs. PlayStation” and they’re nothing thinking about what xCloud and the new Amazon service represent.

3 Likes

So I think what xbox should do is when Halo comes out have a single player dlc that isn’t cannon but is like episode one of Chief vs Doom Guy. Make it just bonkers. Then when doom 3 comes out make part 2 and just make it more crazy. Do this with every Halo and doom release just for fun

1 Like

Almost feel bad for them. It’s gonna be rough.

2 Likes

You guys remember when all we were talking about was MS acquiring small studios instead of entire publishers? Man, what a week. :smile:

12 Likes

We know if Sony made this purchase there would be pretty much no chance of them releasing the games outside of Playstation with some PC exceptions. Yet because of this, it makes it harder for Sony to justify buying a large publisher w/ multiplatform games. The purchase price is going to be based on the games being able to be sold everywhere, but the earning potential would only actually be what can be sold on Playstation.

This is where MS is different. They aren’t going to abandon the PC, and now they have XCloud so they can never really do the exclusive to Xbox thing like Sony can. It doesn’t really benefit MS to play that game. Yet at the same time the multiple platforms they are supporting allows them to spend more on purchases like this. For Sony it is important to funnel you into the PS, for MS they don’t need to funnel you into the Xbox. With MS it is more important the games themselves become known to as many people as possible simply because they have multiple platforms, they have DirectX development tools, and they have the servers people are playing them on. Remember that Sony is going to use Azure servers from MS now too. So if they release say, Starfield on the PS they are not only making money from the game they are making money from the increased need for servers too. It benefits them for Sony to be healthy so if Sony needs more servers in Japan… Sure MS will be there and XCloud right with it.

Now I’m not saying MS is going to go multiplatform, but don’t count them out from releasing stuff on PS because they are playing a completely different game. They have their hands in every aspect of gaming as a whole.

I was never about the small studios. Always maintained MS would go big as far back as 2017

And like people have said, to keep an eye on tencent. What if they come out with a steaming service?

1 Like

I think it’s inevitable Facebook does too.

1 Like

I personally see Facebook sticking to VR. They have a nice niche there.

2 Likes

They are planning one for the Chinese market at least iirc. That said, I don’t see Tencent going for that in North America and Europe. Their relationship with platform holders is already strong with Unreal Engine, and the US government is supposedly investigating their influence. With the widespread paranoia involving 5G at the best of times, coupled with privacy concerns levied at Tencent and Wechat, and a… divided political climate, I could see Tencent wanting to sit out for a bit.

1 Like