Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

Yea Epic may not be the same after Apple are finished with them

We eating!

4 Likes

A live game? Hopefully people don’t put MS’s feet to the fire for that. Should be great either way. A live stealth game could be lit.

Don’t put too much stock into the live part. It is still an immersive sim with an optional live part kinda like Deathloop. It has nothing to do with MS. Arkane studios already wanted to do things with live components.

Guys do you realize now MS owns the big 3 that completely revolutionized FPS games: -Halo -Wolfenstein -Doom

Mindblown.gif

2 Likes

I should probably play Dishonored

1 Like

Hurry up! You’re missing out really great games. Try also Prey. Fantastic game.

1 Like

So in Japan the Xbox pre-order starts one day after the Xbox TGS Event. We know that Xbox won’t announce new next gen games. What could they possible show to attract the japanese audience ? It’s hard to believe that they will only show known or ported games.

2 Likes

“Play the Persona games on your phone with Game Pass. And since you already got the Game Pass sub, might as well grab this console too, what the hell, right?”

Yep a great boost incoming to help drive preorders and excitement.

“And if you don’t have the money or a smartphone you can still buy the Xbox one” - Don Mattrick :matrick_emote:

2 Likes

We haven’t yet got the launch lineup announced, maybe they have a surprise in store for that. It almost seems they are waiting for something before announcing the lineup, or maybe not. But we do still need it.

I’m like a kid with all the surprises & bombs dropping from nowhere.

1 Like

Hmmmm.

Online isn’t exactly the thing this studio is known for. They are known for their fantastic single-player experiences like Dishonored, Prey and God, I badly want a sequel to their Prey. But it’s clear the studio wants to try their hand at different things. I guess still could still imply a Prey sequel.

We are not ready!

Sr. Director of HW at Xbox. Developed the Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 and Series 2, now working on Project Scarlett!!

I already responded above

Don’t put too much stock into the live part. It is still an immersive sim with an optional live part kinda like Deathloop. It has nothing to do with MS. Arkane studios already wanted to do things with live components. Guys do you realize now MS owns the big 3 that completely revolutionized FPS games: -Halo -Wolfenstein -Doom Mindblown.gif

If Craig Ball isn’t a PVP mode in Halo: Infinite I’m going to sell my Xbox…

1 Like

I would imagine MS looked ahead at long term situations that could pop up and saw another potential Bioware situation, seeing a dev you closely work with getting snapped up. But in this case multiple studios. Getting out of their reach. Potentially for good.

This was a once in a lifetime get.

1 Like

No. Zenimax was definitely going to be snapped up at some point in the future and most likely by one of the big tech companies who Microsoft views as their actual competitors. This was a pre-emptive purchase by Microsoft to not only boost Game Pass but also to deny them getting purchased by someone else.

Bethesda had thee of my favorite games of all time. I

Morrowind, Skyrim, and the new Prey. I each of those games id genuinely give a 10.

4 Likes

I got some interesting Bethesda news:

• The expansions for Doom Eternal are missing from ID’s upcoming projects https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KqsTyDHV5A

• BGS Montreal is working on 2 titles judging by their job postings.

• One is a mobile game that’s being done in Unity. (this could just be stuff for Elder Scrolls: Blades)

• The second is a console game that’s SUPER early days judging by the amount of job posts on their careers page.
  • BGS Austin has a new online title in development too, much like BGS Montreal’s game, it’s very early days, with job postings like a Senior Concept Artist and a Producer job postings being up.

• MachineGames is looking to be working on a new multiplayer IP from the looks of things, since they have job postings for a Monetization/Live Designer and a Lead Level Designer.

BGS Austin sources:

MachineGames Sources:

BGS Montreal Sources: https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1452 (Console/PC Game) https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1373 (“AAA” Mobile Game)

1 Like