Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

These are all their console exclusives still dated for 2020. Not all of them will make launch day, but many will:

•The Falconeer

•Gears Tactics

•CrossfireX

•Call of the Sea

•The Ascent

•The Medium

•Tetris Effect: Connected

•Exo One

•The Artful Escape

•12 Minutes

•Second Extinction

•Yakuza: Like a Dragon*

1 Like

Okay this shit is super annoying. Smh didn’t see it happening this soon.

It sucks because the lineup was and is still inferior to the console game pass and we shall see more of these big third parties on console game pass and not on pc, while still costing the same as console game pass. Seriously troubling move.

I’m betting the consoles will come with like, a month of free basic game pass as well to sweeten the deal for new Xbox users.

1 Like

I would hope for a month but I am expecting the 14 day trial cards to make a return.

Doesn’t even need to be a card now, since they made that new thing in the dashboard that is tied to the system and lets you redeem whatever codes are included with a click of a button.

I mean, it was bound to happen one day or another. I think Game Pass on console at the beginning didn’t have that great of a line-up either and it was already $10/month. It adds more value to Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play will be put with Game Pass for PC.

1 Like

I mean… PC gets games like Flight Sim, Crusader Kings 3, AoE on release and soon EA Play. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

3 Likes

Not to mention, I think MS will also do some deals like 3 months for 1 dollar, or something like that.

That’s true. It’s how they gave Cyberpunk to the people who got the special edition console, I can’t see why they wouldn’t use the same method with the new ones for other stuff.

Not really. Flight Sim is eventually coming to console game pass. Also, are we really comparing niche strategy games to what console game pass offered like GTAV, RDR2, DMC5, Witcher 3, etc and soon Stalker 2 and what not? Those never came to pc and probably never will. You’re eventually getting that Flight Sim and gears Tactics and so on. Pc isn’t getting the same value. I do understand EA play is coming bundled, but that kinda blurs the whole “at no additional cost” marketing, it’s just timed very well right now on Xbox’s part.

Yeaaah, this kind of makes game pass on pc less enticing for me, I can’t lie, especially given Xbox series S and X themselves shall come at absolutely abysmal pricing in my country. I really wished they’d either made the price something like 7.99 while also bringing those big third parties as almost none of them ever come on here, but they’re keeping the disparity and increasing the price too. It went from 4 dollars to 10, that’s more than twice a hike which on currency conversion takes it out of that amazing territory it was at right now. Whatever is reasonable to you guys in the west just isn’t as much right now for those of us here, it’s unfortunate but it is what it is. I didn’t expect the price to stay cheap but I did kinda hope the disparity would go away and I don’t think that’s happening.

Anyone else forget that Sony also did an event? I literally just remembered cos of all the Xbox news lol

5 Likes

The thing is there weren’t all these games on the service when it launched on console, and it was already $10/month. Even before they launched the service on PC, they announced it will cost $10 when going out of beta. The service on PC will get bigger just like it did on console. You have to keep in mind that it launched 2 years later I think, so you always have to build it first to encourage more and more developers to put their game on the service.

2 Likes

They did ?

4 Likes

Hmm I get you. So as long as the pc version shall eventually start getting these games as well, then I’m perfectly fine. But seeing Stalker 2 only coming to console game pass confirmed the trend for me that this disparity shall continue.

In its current state, the third party support for PC game pass shall continue to be mostly indies and AAs and I don’t have a problem with those games at all, more indies have been games of the years for me than AAAs this generation but I’m thinking of this from the angle of the money being charged. Theres no other way to put it, console game pass is simply superior to pc game pass and shall remain fragmented like that to lure in more people into becoming console buyers and therefore get into ultimate on the long run (as ultimate is completely useless for PC players), and that’s great for their business but not as ecstatic for me as it was previously. I don’t wanna come off as concern trolling hopefully you got why I was a bit upset over this.

For Stalker 2, I think there is still time until the game comes, so there could totally be announcement for PC Game Pass next year I think. For the rest, I also get where you are coming from, I have yet to see someone being happy to pay more, it is only natural, but Im’ sure the value will grow much more, maybe even more now with the service out of beta, and I think deals will be put in place too like on console.

1 Like

Let’s hope. :+1:

1 Like

$749 AUD at this point in time is a bit high for me. I might get the Series S with my remaining EB games credit.

Really hoping that Series S can run games with almost all the bells and whistles as Series X minus the resolution. 1440P is enough for me as my monitor cant do full 4k

Yeah I see where you are coming from. I guess it’s easy to forget how much of a cost it can be in different places. I really hope you get enough value out of it in the near future though.

2 Likes

If that’s what works for you then there’s really no need for the Series X :slight_smile: I mean, what’s the point of getting it if you can’t or aren’t interested in using it to it’s full potential?

Someone shared an information that could be interesting.

2 Likes