Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

It’ll depend on how well the One S keeps selling, which could be affected by a successful Series S, but it could also continue to sell well enough to be viable even if the Series S is a hit.

So good to finally see some positive buzz around Xbox again on the internet! Had lost a bit of momentum after the recent months. Curious with how much Game Pass they will package Xbox Series S. Incredible value. It’s Xbox Series X for most of us from the hardcore camp, I assume :slight_smile:

Yes! I love this aggressive pricing from MS, hope the X comes in at $499 as well.

I might get both actually, X for the main setup and S for the library.

If they drop the One S to $99 or something it might have a place but nah, they should just discontinue it. Who would buy that at the same price as the Series S?

One s for 199, get more people into the gamepass ecosystem. It’s a 4K Blu-ray player too. Xcloud with gamepass on consoles is coming too I believe? So in theory they could play next-gen titles that way in whatever resolution they have xcloud at.

I just need to learn more details about xcloud

That’s true, might work as a xCloud device. I’m sure it’s different elsewhere, but where I live the blu-ray market is about as big as stamp-collecting…

1 Like

Everwild too?

1 Like

LMAO

7 Likes

My first thought was Brad dropped this as retribution for 343 coming down so hard on him.

Brad didn’t find it, he just posted about it first. Someone else leaked it after finding it on their Azure servers.

Found something interesting in Beyond3D forums

AFAIK the controller that was revealed to be in use by MS in the Linked-In profile can handle 2TB. If it’s the same controller in the external stick, that should be able to hit 2TB too. So with a 2TB console and a 2TB expansion drive that would be up to 4TB.

MS probably could go higher, but it would probably require a new controller (in console and / or expansion drive), at least going by the known specs of the controller.

I don’t think there will be any limit on Sony’s slot itself, but depending on how it’s done there might be a limit on what the OS can see or map (if they’re doing something like MS). My guess would be that there’s not though. In the short term it’s the cost of a 2TB+ and 6GB/s+ Nvme drive that’s likely to be the kicker for most folks!

I am not sure about a 2 TB XSX, but I can see a 2 TB expansion card happening.

Awesome trailer. MSFT is cookin now.

1 Like

How did 343 come down on Brad?

LMAO

He said Halo Infinite was delayed because of a TV show which is not the case according to 343.

the community manager explicitly replied to a tweet regarding it saying there’s a possibility both singleplayer/multiplayer would not come at launch, denying it. Also the admittedly dumbass idea that the show was taking time and attention away from the game’s development, which they had to clarify as well. No matter what, 343 is in a really rough spot in the public’s eye at the moment and these rumors and “insider info” aren’t helping at all.

1 Like

I think it was when he said that Halo multiplayer would release separately. They said no, and he been kinda salty since (releasing told you so videos and what not)

6 Likes

Yup this is it.

1 Like

Ah, a man-child.

yeeep