Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

also - “The company will also shift one more senior leader to Halo Infinite, according to two people, who said the changes are meant to provide more expertise to the project. Microsoft is preparing to announce the changes as soon as Thursday.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-27/microsoft-brings-back-halo-veteran-to-get-delayed-game-back-on-track

I hope Staten makes the Destiny he wanted with 343i after Halo Infinite.

Joseph Staten already worked for Microsoftsince 2014. I know he worked on Recores Story but don’t know what he has been up to since. Cool news but I question what someone can do with at max another year of development. I hope it’s for post launch content. Otherwise this would confirm the rumors that something is wrong at 343.

If i remember right Staten also worked in the story of crackdown 3

Staten seems to be working on the single player campaign as the project lead. Scroll down -

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/familiar-facts

4 Likes

Holy shit

Yep, I think they got him in because of the tight schedule ahead. I remember Halo 2 and 3 being massive undertakings with extremly limited timeframes for what they wanted to achieve. He probably has the knowledge on how to get this done. Just to emphasize he will not be a game director ar anything in this capacity, which is good news to me. So the overall vision and direction keeps being consistent and not broken up 1 year before launch. Good news

Very late 2021 or worst case scenario 2022/2023.

If halo infinite becomes a 2022 or 2023 game i’m curious of what happened inside 343. That said im ok with it if that means that the game is going to be good

No matter how much time they take, I will wait, take your time, Halo has to come back in full force as a jaw dropping killer app showcase.

3 Likes

They just reiterated in the same blogpost the game is coming 2021!

Their idea is to launch it in 2021, but there’s not a date. If the game needs more work, wont be crazy to see it until 2022. We don’t know how good or bad the game really is right now

Sure anything is possible, especially right now. But there previous hammering on a console day and date launch leads me to believe that the main game is pretty much done. They must be in the final stretches for the game. So yeah for now 2021.

1 Like

I got a ton I wanna play through the end of the this year and next. Even if we’re only talking Xbox exclusives (The Gunk, motherfuckaaaa!).

TAKE. YOUR. TIME.

I assume the amount of people working on infinite is over 1000 now. Around 500 at 343 and at least 500 more contractors. Does anyone have a list of the studios that have been confirmed to be helping them. Is it 5 or more?

When will be the release of that one

September 2021, I believe. But even so, I’m good. I’ll probably still have lots to do in D2: Beyond Light, Avengers, Outriders, and Godfall from THIS year.

1 Like

Nice i’m going to look forward to that one. Thx

Enjoy Hellbade 2. You’re going to have to accept that XGS game studio devs are going to make the games they want to make not “what’s generally liked by most gamers these days”. And that’s for the best.