Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

lol

You realize for Halo 2 and 3 “they got things done” by crunching their asses off, right? Not some Messiah figure.

Any other games that you want to play at launch and in 2021?

Barring any delays, im day one for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Crossfire X (campaign), Cyberpunk 2077, Gears Tactics, Marvel’s The Avengers, Outriders, The Ascent and Watch Dogs Legion for Xbox Series X with Spider Man: Miles Morales for PlayStation 5.

2021 wise, I have BioMutant (50/50), Bright Memory Infinite, Corruption 2029 (if it releases on consoles), Far Cry 6, Gotham Knights, Halo Infinite and Resident Evil VIII: Village for Xbox Series X with Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for PlayStation 5.

I’m also very interested in Godfall and Kena: Bridge of Spirits but I will wait until they get released for Xbox Series X. I see Kena as a perfect potential fit for Game Pass day one and in regards to Godfall, I believe that it will be a live service game meaning post launch content and I prefer to take a wait and see approach with it. If there’s a good amount of content added in 2021, it could all be added for free to Xbox Series X version.

not a chance, he was brought in temporarily to ensure it releases in the first half of next year (my opinion)

I hope they’ll succeed. Guess we’ll see how it ends by 2021 then. We want the best for Halo. They should do whatever it takes to make it great.

I’m sticking with November 5th, 2021 as my prediction for Halo Infinite.

1 Like
2 Likes

Again, this is my problem when this topic comes up. I’m not taking your comment in a literal sense but this idea of “enjoy 1 game that doesn’t come out for 3 years” is what I’m getting at. XGS can make whatever game they want, I’ve never stated otherwise but apparently it’s ok for Phil to make a statement about lacking RPG’s, go out and grab 3-4 RPG based studios but the crowd that wants more 3rd person narrative/action games is somehow not what’s best.

I don’t want to retread this topic because it’s clear the “consensus” on a few forums I frequent, it’s just odd everyone can clamor for more Japanese games, twin stick shooters and side scrollers but there is constant mocking and debating whenever the “popular genre” is brought up.

That other box has plenty of Japanese games so I would think there is also a consensus that xbox shouldn’t create those either, we all know that’s not being said tho.

2 Likes

Reboot it again if they want as long the end product is quality

:man_shrugging:t5: I’m just telling you the reality. I think you are better off hoping Microsoft purchases more studios that make that type of game or want to make that type of game.

1 Like

I agree and I do.

that is the opposite of this, this is pushing hard for the home stretch and not a 2-3 year (at least) reboot.

1 Like

Kena is a day one for me wherever it be on ps4 or series x. This game looks magical.

1 Like

Story driven third person game studios:

1. Compulsion games

2. Ninja Theory

3. Mostlikely The Initiative

4. The Coalition

There are 4 studios which make such games in comparison xbox has 3 rpg studios.

Honestly the fact we haven’t seen stuff from them makes it seems like there isn’t any. THAT’S the problem. Not the lack of studios and if possible Xbox should show at least one game from them this year.

I have absolutely no doubt xbox is bringing a diverse game lineup. Something for everyone is the motto.

Gamepass fodder is without a doubt the most bland statement you could connect with XGS. Sooo wrong.

2 Likes

Staten worked in a creative director role on Recore, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Flight Simulator, Tell me why and more. Very busy.

And remember, Halo Infinite is a 10 year project. There is a lot to do even after Infinite launches.

1 Like

I agree that it’s mostly a problem with them not showing them yet, I just feel that crowd gets mocked alot within Xbox communities.

1 Like

Oh God. So, so, so many. Cyberpunk (if the combat is good), The Falconeer, Ratchet & Clank, CrossfireX (again, depending on the combat), Gears Tactics, The Ascent, Tetris Effect: Connected, The Artful Escape, maybe Yakuza, Ratchet & Clank, Miles Morales, Kena, Spelunky 2, Temtem… the list goes on and on.

Can’t wait to see what Ninja Theory can do with AAA funding. They have been for me the best UK developer for years. Can’t help but think Hellblade 2 will be MS answer to God Of War

Staten back is great news, isn’t it? He worked on a Halo games previously?

343i needs a better leadership. Also Gears 6 could be a big action adventure game. Uncharted 1 was a shooter like Gears and then it’s evolved.

I hope XGS will never be in the position in which they intent to have an answer on anything but rather follow their own creative ambitions.

Hellblade II in particular should be a high-quality yet properly scoped story experience with amazing visuals and audio; and hopefully a bit more combat than the first iteration.

6 Likes