Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

A couple of palette cleansers in that lot to play in between games for sure.

Is there normally this many games not available on cloud these days?

6 Likes

I really need to stop buying games. Rune Factory 4 and Story of Seasons are in my backlog for month and now are part of Game Pass.

And for the games that are leaving. Olija is a cool and short game with easy achievements. Should take around 5h.

And Omori is a fantastic emotional turn based game. If you are into games about depression and bittersweet story, this is for you.

6 Likes

I thought he said he hates open world games. Last i checkā€¦ Unbound is open world. John be flip flopping all over the place lol.

Probably forgive it with its stylish visual.

The last nozzle that you can buy in Powerwash Simulator is very similar to the Plasma Cutter in Dead Space. Dope!

1 Like

With the price of Game Pass increasing soon, I might cancel my current sub to GPU (09/24) so I can do the conversion trick again and tack on another year and a half. Just in case they use this as an opportunity to kill the conversion trick. Anybody else considering this?

(Iā€™ve done the math and I would be coming out ahead with the discounted codes Iā€™ve stockpiled)

Best course of action is stack as much as you can because I feel theyā€™ll eliminate conversion trick once family plans are introduced.

Thatā€™s my thinking, yeah. I feel like Microsoftā€™s baleful eye is turning to Xbox in general, and that the time to smash and grab is now.

I started playing Road 96 just for the easy completion, but Iā€™m actually really enjoying it. Highly recommend checking it out before it leaves GP at the end of the month.

5 Likes

What kind of genre is this?

First person adventure / walking simulator. Thereā€™s kind of a pseudo-roguelike element as well where you make the same journey with different characters and the scenes that you play are randomized. It sounds weird but works well in practice.

3 Likes

Its a telltale like game with lite puzzles, dialogs and minigames. You are a random teenager and are on a road trip to escape over the border.Every trip is procedurally generated from a set of encounters (there are a lot of them in the game but on one trip you get only ~3-5) but there is a real story behind this. You can die or fail in your escape and you can (and should) do multiple attempts to get the whole story. Every escape attempt takes around 1 hour.

First i didnt get it but its really well made. If you like story driven games where your decisions have impact i would recommend a try.

6 Likes

How much gold can be converted? I ran out of GP yesterday and Iā€™m currently waiting to payday to get gold+ GP

Not directed at me but 3 years is the cap, it would be easiest to do 3 1-year codes.

I just did 2x1 year and tried to do 4x3 months and it got mad on the last one so I had to do 2x1 month and then redeemed a month of GPU. If youā€™re going for the maximum, make sure not to accept auto-renew for a free month, since that will interfere.

Feels good.

Edit: Just want to point out that Iā€™m in the US and canā€™t vouch for other countries.

2 Likes

3 years here too, and I think thatā€™s global . With the price increase it seems things are going to change soon

1 Like

So I still have a bit of Game pass ultimate - but Iā€™m thinking it would be cheaper to cancel my subscription, and do the 3 year thing again before the price goes up. Is there any sort of limit on how long you have to NOT have the service before you can do the conversion again, or am I right in thinking I could do this within a day or 2 of canceling?

I just did this and waited a few days. If you do 1-year redemptions of Gold it would probably be smoother than my experience. I tried to use 4 3-month codes to round out my last year and it wouldnā€™t let me redeem the last one since I technically had 2 years, 9 months and like 2 days somehow.

You should probably expect at least one day regardless.

1 Like

Thanks - was thinking of picking up 1 year codes from Target since I have a red card (at least gives me another small discount :slight_smile: ), so that would work. Appreciate it!