Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Unless you’re the primary account holder and want to create the new family group.

I’m hoping this rolls out to the US before January, when my Sister’s GPU is set to expire. This way I can create the GPFF and add my niece and nephew to the GPFF. When my sister’s GPU finally runs out, I can enroll her account to GPFF.

If it rolls out later, I’ll need to extend her GPU month by month, hoping GPFF is soon to not spend too much on that.

Oh, for sure. There’s A LOT of use cases where that little wrinkle won’t make a difference. For everyone else, it’s just a matter of a waiting game, like you and your sister will have to do.

Maybe we could as a community find a good app or something that would help us group up for GPFF. I’m thinking of a set-up where you have to wire a certain amount based on your portion of the GPFF to an escrow-y sort of account so you can’t pull it back out. Then the primary account holder puts down the money for the subscription and invites the others. When that’s validated, then the primary can withdraw the money from the pot to get reimbursed.

And there could be different groups for like “interested in month to month” or “I’m willing to put down $180 right now so I don’t have to do this again for 3 more years”. I could just be reinventing the wheel though, and they did say they’re going to put in restrictions so you can’t jump from family plan to family plan.

It would be worth figuring out though, if it can decrease the price from like $25 to $5 a month.

Edit: I would love an add-on that also lets you share your library with more than one person.

If I recall correctly, there is a limit on how many times you can join or leave family and friends groups per year. Based on that, I do not find it feasible to try to do anything month to month with strangers. Keep the family and friends grouping to actual family or friends. Or have it be setup for an entire year.

1 Like

Yeah I hardly trust people I know.

2 Likes

My sub just expired and I’m trying to do the upgrade trick and I’m running into an issue. When I try and redeem my 2nd 12 month gold code I’m getting an error.

This purchase conflicts with one or more of your current subscriptions

The error I’m getting back on the web request is:

Conversion is blocked due to an existing entitlement for another product. There is no known conversion path to the new product.

I swear to Lucifer, if I’m the first person this shit fails for I’m going to lose it. I’ve tried 2 different codes and get the same errors.

Uh oh.

Support told me to wait 24 hours and try again. It’s possible I tried to do this too soon after my sub expired and the system thinks I still have ultimate. They said they’d add the time to my account if it didn’t work.

Phew, for a moment there I thought the are closing the “loophole”. I need to redo mine soonish… Keep us updated!

Looks like it worked. I just tried again and it accepted the codes now. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Ghost Song is incredible for me so far, possibly my favorite Metroidvania game yet. It seems like a hybrid between Hollow Knight and Metroid itself. The world is really different, and it is just cool.

The legend of Tianding is great!

1 Like

It’s quite fun. The combat and platforming are nice, the art and animations look quite beautiful too.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely, really digging the comic book style here. Great music too. Cool story, it’s something different for a change. We don’t often get to be a Chinese character going against the Japanese. But it’s not overly serious or anything, like it.

The delay was because of an error in certification, but it’ll be coming this month.

And only two days after Pentiment :persevere:

6 Likes

Always hard to make these calls, but Pentiment will stay on Game Pass permanently so that makes it lower priority for me.

1 Like

Ghost Song is really high quality, if you liked Hollow Knight you should give it a try. It’s obviously inspired by HK in a lot of ways but the combat is meaningfully different. The music and story are debatably better too.

1 Like

I’ll definitely check this out later today, a lot of positive impressions for the game.

Also I am really excited and curious about Somerville, I really liked the dark tone that the trailers had so far especially for a game that it’s about an alien invasion (at least I assume so) on earth. Can’t wait for the 15th!

2 Likes

Just finished The legend of Tianding.

I started on the second difficulty because I am not someone that often chooses easy. However, once I arrived at a certain boss fight I noticed my frustration rising, starting throwing cuss words at the game and this made my dog scared. My Staffy really hates that, lol.

It’s something I just don’t want to do anymore while gaming and I decided to go back to the easier one.

I am glad I did because that last boss is…not a walk in the park.

Ending is a bit abrupt, also a bit odd how a new character is introduced into the game rather late in the story. I did enjoy it though!

Beat this over last week and it rules! Just uploading this, will be scheduled for 8am tomorrow in a bit.

2 Likes