Xbox CFO Talks Bethesda Exclusivity; “We Want Bethesda Content to be First or Better or Best on Xbox Platforms”

people overreacting to non-committal statement. zenimax games won’t be on ps5.

1 Like

Aside TESO, Fallout 76 and maybe a Skyrim remaster

People are looking way too much into it they CANNOT say anything till acquisition is fully finished and you don’t spend 7.5 billion dollars just to put the games on your competitors console

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter in anyway for Xbox Gamers subbed to gamepass, we are getting the games day one for no extra gamepass cost.

What he is saying has really no bearing on future titles and seems to be referring to previous titles as they will not be “pulled” from other platforms.

Either way it is FUNNY to see each and every word any MS exec says about the deal disected to death by fanboys so afraid that their precious Sony box may not get these games.

It’s getting more and more obvious that if you have any interest in Bethesda games you need to be on the Xbox eco system, otherwise the status of these games are going to up in the air and or not coming at all.

1 Like

I see we’ve entered the third stage - bargaining.

3 Likes

They can’t say anything… yet, they are.

And it’s not some middleman, it’s the Xbox CFO

You have a point here. He might just be talking about exsiting titles.

But you know, people will always talk.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the acquisition to be legally finalized, so they can clearly say what is and what isn’t going to be. I wish they’d just stop talking in riddles. If you can say, say it, if you can’t, don’t say anything until you can.

I’m in xbox ecosystem for gamepass so it doesn’t matter to me anyway, but this is just ridiculous.

5 Likes

so wait

if that’s the strategy why not the rest of the franchises?

Let them, non xbox owners can try and bargain their way around it but in the end the only thing we know for sure is gamepass owners are getting Zenimax games day one at no extra charge.

Anything else is just silly hysterics by Sony fans afraid they made the wrong choice this gen.

1 Like

It will not matter in the short term but it will matter in the long term. The success of a platform (and subscription now with Game Pass in the mix) always matters in terms of developer/publisher support, just look at the library that One had over it’s lifetime and compare it to the 360 one. If you have a successful product 3rd parties will think twice to skip your platform.

Having the next Elder Scrolls exclusive to Xbox/GP will be a great reason for many non Xbox gamers to consider getting into the Xbox ecosystem, if Elder Scrolls or Fallout 5 will come on their PS5 they simply won’t bother getting a new console and investing in a new ecosystem and to be honest why would they? So yeah it’s not as simple as you say it is.

3 Likes

But he says the opposite of what Phil said. If you really read what Phil said in several interviews it seems clearly what the plan is. But yeah it’s odd. You would think that they would have had a talk about this on how you handle these kind of questions. Especially since the media keeps on asking it too.

I’m going to let Xbox execs and CFO’s worry about the long term financial impact of the Zenimax purchase. As a gamer the only thing I care about is the fact that all Zenimax games are coming Dayone to Gamepass. This has been confirmed.

Fanboys from other platforms can worry and disect each word an Exec says. For me the deal is already done and I know what I’m getting out of it.

1 Like

Seriously man, why is it that this is such a hot item? Is God of War 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn on Xbox yet? No?.. then it is time to:

PS: I don’t mean the OP with this of course, or Playstation fans in general. More that some don’t seem to understand that a knife cuts both ways.

2 Likes

I imagine that MS will probably treat this like they do Minecraft. It depends on how much money they want to make, versus how many units they sell. Not an easy decision to be certain

Normally I’m against exclusivity. But the Series X|S launch relied a lot on third party support, and seeing Sony moneyhatting FOUR AAA games, with more yet to come, makes me wish everything stays on Xbox only.

3 Likes

I know businesses don’t work like this…

But Sony keeps on trying to secure timed exclusive deals, even for Starfield they were trying it and with several they succeeded. Yet you’re gonna release the games that you soon will own on their platform? As a gamer I would say, fine, but Sony should really just ease down or flat out quit with those deals.

If this scenario is true at all it doesn’t sound like it’s really a good idea for Game Pass, depending on how long it would be timed exclusive though, if at all.

1 Like

Did you not read the first paragraph of my post? success equals better support aka more games available to us (Game Pass or not) so yeah we should “worry” too about Series X/S and Game Pass success because it will directly affect the software library of the ecosystem aka the reason we are getting the console for in the first place. As I said look at One and compare it to the 360 to see if success matters not only for MS but also for us consumers.

Yea/no

You go ahead and worry about things like this you have no control over and let that keep you up at night. It’s the same thing with people so “conerned” over sales number and financials.

I’m a gamer not a stock holder, I’m going to worry about what is good for me as a gamer. I think MS will be fine same with xbox and gamepass without people being so “concerned”

My hobby is “Gaming” not secondary economic impact of said gaming companies

1 Like

If the Zenimax/Bethesda games are not exclusive to Xbox platforms, which covers a lot allready with Xbox consoles, PC and cloud, I will be very surprised. That would be a huge mistake. Xbox does not have the cult-base that PS have and only exclusive games will get enough new players into the ecosystem.

4 Likes