Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for Sunday June 12 at 10 a.m. PT + Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT (Spoiler Free)

If that happened Id be doing backflips

1 Like

CGI trailers only work well for established franchises and in Microsoft’s case they need to avoid them. they need to show game play and a lot of it during the showcase, not only do we get one showcase a year….we still have CGI trailers from years ago of games that have still not released. 1 or 2 CGI trailers is fine but anything more is too much imo.

Countless times it’s been established now that CGI reveal trailers serve several purposes. They’ll continue to exist whether you like them or not so I think we better start accepting that.

2 Likes

This is what i would like to see Xbox do when the ABK concludes next year. Takeover a whole week with shows and reveals. Xbox First Party on Monday. Xbox Global Publishing on Tuesday. Bethesda on Wednesday. ABK then split over Thursday and Friday.

2 Likes

I was more thinking about the Xbox announcement

At a guess those type of gamers are not worried about shows or whats coming next?

I dont mind CGI but I think the bulk of the showcase should be gameplay. I feel like if its the other way around its gonna be bad press

I’m fine with CGI and a title card, it starts the hype train. I do think a more healthy 65/35 split is needed (the 65 bring gameplay).

I hope to see the Sega Miku game that just got ported to Steam here, probably in a quick Game Pass reel. Sega should not be exclusively skipping Xbox even with late ports in 2022.

1 Like

Imagine getting a painting Miku game but not this.

1 Like

Folks outside of this forum and other Xbox centric forums likely don’t know. Many more people watch E3 showcases.

1 Like

One where i don’t have to get up at 3am to watch :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know… And I will be very disappointed in both Sega and Xbox if Miku never actually does come to Xbox. When Sega does a port of an old game for PC like that they should also be doing it for Xbox as well. It makes me worried they would not even bring Sakura Wars Reboot to Xbox if they ever bring it to PC because that’s another game I’ve been wanting them to port.

Don’t let the partnership just die with the Yakuza games.

I dont mind cgi trailers if you understand they are not just for fans to get excited, As many developers have stated they are used to recruit developers. It is much much easier to recruit someone when they come for an interview and you can explain what the project is, ad if it wasn’t it’s basically until you are hired we cannot give you much info other then action game/racing title. Until you start working and sign a bunch of nda.

A great example of this was fable and contraband, Both were out of prototyping and started to ramp up so drop the trailers then anyone looking at job posting or talking to recruiters can say yeah we need xx for this in fable,

This is where we are in the industry now as there is more positions then available bodies to fill ever job. And also it’s why smaller games like say project belfry or that smaller game by obsidian doesn’t need a announcement trailer a year or 2 in advance as those teams are not needing to recruit. So if they are rumored to launch in the next 12 months it’s hey here is the trailer good to go

Also I apologize if the grammar is off, super late and just got off a 12 hour shift lol

1 Like

Finally made an account here and can’t wait to react to the showcase with all of you here as well

20 Likes

My prediction for Xbox’s showcase: Starfield - gameplay demo + release date

Redfall - gameplay demo + realease date

Forza Motorsport - gameplay demo + release date

Hellblade 2 - i don’t expect it to be there, it’s a gameawards game. Maybe a video from NT where the devs show animation or clothes in engine

Avowed - Gameplay trailer + release window (spring 2023)

Fable - in engine teaser + year release

Contraband - gameplay trailer + release date

Pentiment - gameplay trailer + release window

Compulsion new ip - CGI teaser

Inxile - game play teaser

Machine games - Wolfenstein 3 gameplay trailer + release date

State of decay 3 - gameplay teaser and release year

Third parties

4 Likes

I doubt we get a release date for starfield or redfall and after the reports of state of decay I also doubt we see that but rest is possible

Sprinkle in some 3rd party stuff and indies and good to go

1 Like

I’m not saying this as something negative, just the reality of how things are, but I don’t expect any exact release dates from first party, release windows and release years, but not the exact date IMO.

4 Likes

Me neither, and I won’t believe anything anyway.