Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for Sunday June 12 at 10 a.m. PT + Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT (Spoiler Free)

Don’t have an issue with third parties being at the show but looking forward to their games more than Xbox games at the Xbox showcase is crazy to me.

No joke. The Ryse 2 thing is a bit of a wild prediction, but I do think Xbox snags several huge games Day 1 Gamepass with the delays. I won’t be surprised if they lock Ubisoft Plus into gamepass.

Don’t know why but the voices in my head are telling me Tales of Arise will be announced to be a gamepass addition in this event (coupled with Persona 3/4 and FF7R or FFCHAOS!!) what do you think @saintsflow20? Do you also believe with the voices in me head or nah?

Let it go brother

This one I believe it too. I have the sensation the manage to get a deal to get a higher tier with gamepass…but we shall see.

1 Like

Well, I hope they get crazy with the third party additions on GP to make the year better. I don’t have high expectations for it sadly though.

I agree with Persona being there. I think we’ll see it. That leaker’s track record is just too good.

FF7R? I don’t see it

Tales of Arise, I guess so. It’s overdue for GP IMO. One thing I’ll say I’m not a fan of is taking up time with Game Pass trailers for games that have already been out for some time. Like how they did a Yakuza LAD GP trailer at the last E3. Get a couple good deals and then make a highlight reel for that stuff. Obviously there’s exceptions like Persona or FF7R since they were never on Xbox before.

1 Like

Which leaker, do you have a link?

They know what they’re talking about. Google their name and check the various posts. Everything was right

• leaked P4AU remaster

• Said Atlus is not done with Xbox in Dec 2021, which led us to Soul Hackers 2

• Leaked Warcraft mobile

• Leaked that Xbox Tokyo Game Show would have Game Pass announcements

Could keep going but I believe them. They did not say it would be announced at the Xbox E3, but I’m expecting it to be. If not there then maybe Nintendo will get the announcement in a June Direct they usually do.

3 Likes

If a new Banjo game is secretly in development what studio would be making it?

I think all of us would have said Moon studios if the relationship didn’t sour. The only studio I could see making it that would have the talent and relationship for Xbox would be Armature

1 Like

Honestly multiple good options:

• Playtonic
  • Gears for Breakfast
  • Playful Games

The optimal but unlikely option would be Toys for Bob. Honestly I think I would prefer if the game isn’t being secretly in development and they wait until they own Toys for Bob, because I believe no one else is better equipped to both remaster/remake the originals and also make a Banjo-Threeie!

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t expect Microsoft to work with Moon Studios ever again. And I didn’t think of Armature Studios as a possibility but they could potentially work on a new Banjo game. Even though I do hope they can also work on a new ReCore game as well.

Out of those I would hope it is Playtonic Games especially since they did tease that they would like to work on a Banjo game in the future. https://twitter.com/playtonicgames/status/1192035480222785537?s=21&t=CoG1IOW4sjeqN6sztT58MQ

The other studios would be interesting picks as well I just don’t know much about them compared to Playtonic Games. And while I would like Toys for Bob to work on a new Banjo game I think of them more as a Crash and Spyro studio and less likely to work on a Banjo game or other classic Rare titles.

Playful made the decent Super Lucky’s Tale, an overall very enjoyable and competent platformer.

Gears for Breakfast made the awesome A Hat in Time which is like a modem 3d platform inspired by the legendary N64 platformer library while being its own unique platformer at the same time. The studio has also openly expressed they’d like to work on Banjo!

I think also the head of Toys for Bob has expressed willingness to make Banjo but I can’t confirm and could be wrong.

All in all, I don’t think there’s a lack of studios that could and are even openly saying they’d like to make Banjo. If Banjo doesn’t get made, it’s probably either Microsoft or Rare holding that back.

1 Like

I’ll have to check out Super Lucky’s Tale and A Hat in Time but I agree those could be great studios to work on a new Banjo game. And at this rate I would take any studio or publisher to work on a new Banjo game even Nintendo if it means there is a chance we can see Banjo again.

That’s definitely high expectations. As much as I would love to see Gotham Knights on Game Pass day one, Sony may have the marketing deal for it which if they do, you can obviously kiss it goodbye. As for Avatar, if Ubisoft+ hits Xbox before Avatar releases, I can’t see Ubisoft releasing it on Game Pass day one when they would want people to subscribe to their own service.

I don’t see Ryse 2 getting announced this year but if that Crytek leak was real which thus far, has been 100% accurate, we should get the game at some point.

In general, Microsoft must have third party AAA games on the showcase from various publishers simply because if they don’t want to showcase their games, then that would equal less sales for those games and Microsoft would miss out on the 30% minimum cut that they would be getting for every sale.

This would also include Japanese publishers and in that case, no one can complain when they don’t get Persona, Final Fantasy or whatever the case may be because if you don’t want to spotlight them, why would anyone think that those publishers would care about supporting a platform in which the hardware manufacturer isn’t interested in showcasing their games?

1 Like

An old 4chan leak said playtonic is indeed working with Xbox but not on banjo. They are supposedly working on viva pinata. But it’s 4chan lol

2 Likes

I doubt a 4chan article would be accurate but I hope that they are working with Microsoft

1 Like

They’re almost always working with Sumo on something. This would be up their alley. We haven’t seen things change too much because of Tencent yet at studios, so they could make sense.