Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for Sunday June 12 at 10 a.m. PT + Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT (Spoiler Free)

True true, that’s why I said if. :wink:

After all it’s Remedy too. But Control launched on time, I think?

That would be fine too. As long as we see it this year, it being a no show after what they said last year was a bummer enough.

1 Like

I’d say very little - I think a Geoff Keighly show, and then Playstation in that order of likelihood

1 Like

Alan Wake 2 next year :pray:. The first one was so good

1 Like

Epic isn’t showing any of the games they’re funding at a first party showcase.

You think? Why not? It’s not like they have a show of their own.

But they have Epic Games Showcase or something? They can always go to TGA (like last year).

1 Like

They can show off their games at the SGF, VGAs etc.

the PC Gaming Showcase (held during SGF) is typically sponsored by EPIC as of late. That’s always an option.

1 Like

Man I really hope the show isn’t just 1st party showcase of games years away. Would be ahuge bummer. MS need someone like a Capcom involved to help them with games this year. i.e…RE4 Remake.

Or maybe, possibly, go down the road to your good pal Gabe and have them show something of whatever Half Life project they’ve been working on

1 Like

They don’t need games that are already coming to the platform… Especially games like RE4 remakethat aren’t even coming even coming out this year lol.

Why does an Xbox forum think Xbox games aren’t good enough lol.

I don’t want to see a single 3rd party game unless it’s day 1 on gamepass.

4 Likes

The last two shows were like 90% of what’s shown was coming to Game Pass. Would be wild if they got absolutely 100% this year

1 Like

So far the only non-indie third party games they do “day 1 on game pass” for are coop GaaS shooters and sports games. So unless they’re ready to upgrade from that then no, show me third parties. That’s basically saying to never show a JRPG on an Xbox showcase again because Xbox isn’t gonna add any upcoming ones (not counting old ports) to GP Day 1 any time soon unless it’s indie tier like Eiyuden.

It’s not like Sony or even Nintendo cuts third parties out of their shows, and I don’t think third parties would be pleased with Xbox if Xbox decided they aren’t gonna help with marketing them anymore.

1 Like

A plague Tale is not an indie multiplayer game. Nor is Atomic Heart. lol

I think 3rd party has to serve Xbox in some way. Either a game coming to Game Pass, or I think a good way to utilize 3rd party is by teasing the game before to get more attention. For example just let’s say Capcom tease RE4 Remake and then say “watch full reveal at Xbox & Bethesda Showcase, 12 June” something like that actually benefits Xbox because it gets more eyes on the show

You’re entitled to feel this way, but IMO it won’t be the best show that it can be without featuring AAA titles from 3rd party partners even if they aren’t on Game Pass.

1 Like

I have high expectation, I’m expecting Avatar and Gotham Knights on gamepass along with a surprise Ryse 2 announcement and day 1 Gamepass. So they’d have plenty.

I’m still yet to understand, do 3rd party pay to be on platform holder shows or do platform holders pay the 3rd party to be on their shows? Because to me that seems like a mutual benefit marketing type of deal it’s hard to see who wants it more than the other and pays for it

Atomic Heart is indie. Indies can be visually impressive but they’re still indies. Scorn is indie too.

A Plague Tale is more AA. Not as big as the coop shooters and sports games in budget and whatnot.

Joke :sweat_smile:?