Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for Sunday June 12 at 10 a.m. PT + Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT (Spoiler Free)

True. However, I don’t believe that there will be any DLC or standalone expansions. But we’ll see.

He’s seen the Light.

2 Likes

The way Matt Booty says Xbox is hilarious :joy:

1 Like

It’s weird how some media is using the recent SoP as the bar as if to say “If Xbox fails here, Sony wins everything.” Make no mistake, it was very good, possibly best SoP, even though it’s not saying much when you look back. Showcase not included. It was carried by third-party titles, so if anything, it’s a win for gamers, period. But no, it has to be console war crap.

Oh well. Some things never change.

5 Likes

Bigger than Unchartrd, The Last of Us and god of war.Smaller then Halo, Call of Duty and Elder Scrolls.

water leaking fix with flex tape

6 Likes

c’mon now. Gears of War is not a bigger franchise than Uncharted or God of War

1 Like

Was in the 360 days (3:1 in Uncharteds case) and way bigger now thanks to gamepass.

1 Like

Well, last reported number for Uncharted 4 is around 40 million players. This claim is just not based in any reality. Is everything on GamePass automatically bigger than God of War?

1 Like

Because it looks like what I wanted Scalebound combat to be. The fact that the DMCV gameplay director is working on the game gives me faith along with what we saw. Also FF15 at the very least had decent combat. It just had an empty world and missions kind of like Halo Infinite and MGSV.

In 360 days numbers were pretty much even, and in PS4 gen Uncharted 4 sold more than Gears 4 and 5 combined. I love Gears, but it’s a franchise that sold 30million copies and Uncharted sold 40million+.So you can’t even argue that Gears is a bigger franchise than Uncharted

1 Like

ya but you have to take gamepass numbers into this now. gears 5 launched into gamepass which I bet is where most people played it. I can’t really see xbox franchises selling as much as they use to going forward but I see more people playing them than sonys games as evident with halo and forza at over 20 million players each

1 Like

I do agree Gamepass does allow a large base of players to play, but doesn’t mean more people are playing extensively. Uncharted 4 sold 15million copies and if you look at gears 5 achievement only 50% of gamers unlocked boot camp achievement, and only 45% completed the first mission. Anyways, gamepass does allow more people to play a game, but many can play less than an hour and it would be counted as a player that played the game.

2 Likes

An rewatching last years showcase and I loved it when Phil went sicko mode and recapped everything in dev. Do it again Phil!!!

9 Likes

Also that the shows presentation greatly improved from 2021 compared to 2020. 2020 was generally pretty good but they kept using loads of animations and various angles of the series x to transition from game to game and it was a bit jarring.

2021 labelled things clearly and was happy to cut from game to game with ‘Exclusive’ and ‘premier’ splash page first.

Although I’m SUPER happy that the team seem to have cottoned on to the ‘one last thing’. They’ve don’t that for the last 2 years now with Fable and Redfall. Love that shit.

1 Like

This show is going to be awesome. The prediction podcasts that Xbox Two and Windows Central did have me hyped. Is Xbox Era doing one soon too?

1 Like

They did some light predictions a few hours ago, but they are doing a main show next week for full predictions.

1 Like

I really wish Twitch or YouTube can broadcast in 4k. Say what you want about Mixer, but it was the best streaming service for these type of events

14 Likes

I love when I played Descenders seeing the random fences with Mixer logos. And I think Forza Horizon 4 had ads for it in game too

1 Like

That State of Play was so overhyped after the fact, lol. Just because it was a well edited 30 minutes doesn’t make it anything memorable as a Sony platform show. For crying out loud the biggest hype thing there was a multiplatform 3rd party Resident Evil 4 remake that everyone saw coming a mile away based on Capcom working their way through the other games in the series, there was confirmation that Street Fighter 6 is multiplatform again, there was some “okay” gameplay for Final Fantasy 16 with a vague Summer 2023 release window after many thought it was possible for a holiday release this year, a Spider-Man PC platform port, some honestly middling looking VR content for a device that doesn’t even have any release window known yet, some indie stuff, and the only announce for the new upgraded PlayStation Plus service tiers was that indie cat simulator game Stray. Even the conservative Xbox show predictions should comfortably offer up something that makes this pale in comparison for owners of the target platform, which is why it is so stupid for console warriors to act like idiots by comparing things like this.

6 Likes