Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for Sunday June 12 at 10 a.m. PT + Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT (Spoiler Free)

First one sounds like a Game Pass game (not necessarily in a bad way)

If it happens i will never ever ever ever complain ir ask about anythign ever. More so persona 5. Dont care thst much for 7 remake. Persona royal would be incredible. It would be a better get than the entir yakzua series combined.

Kinda low bar if you are content with a bunch of old games finally coming to Game Pass. Should have added at least FF7R Part 2 trailer.

For me something better from Atlus would be finally getting a first look at this (it would basically be a new announcement considering we don’t know what this actually is)

Though the only upcoming thing I expect from Atlus is Soul Hackers 2 and I’m more leaning towards it being on Geoff’s showcase since he always showcases Atlus stuff (Persona 4 Arena at Game Awards, Joker in Smash, etc.)

I do think we will get Persona on Game Pass though.

The second one makes more strategic sense for Microsoft since they effectively lost Final Fantasy.

3 Likes

Probably not. He’s already doing SGF this year, but I suppose anything is possible. He appears to be one of Xbox’s favourite celebrity endorsers.

We will see about that.

We are already seeing this lol. Getting FFVII after a couple of years wouldn’t change that.

Square is deeply in Sony’s pocket, while walking towards the faith of Konami.

2 Likes

I think experimental, short, repayable, and multiplayer has Game Pass written all over it.

Also has the benefit of being ready in ~2023 as opposed to the second project which is probably like 2026

A lot of current deals are the remnants of Xbox One era. FF7R is the game that was announced in 2015. Even FF16 was 2020’s deal where nobody was sure how Xbox would fare this gen and what Microsoft would do.

2 Likes

With a major company, yeah that’s either MS or Sony. Or Nintendo, but that I doubt. And agreed, really hope it’s the second one too. But seeing how Publishing according to Jez is really aiming at the games that you can play together, has you keep coming back…i can definitely see it being the first.

And it’s fine, publishing aiming for games that have MP functionality, but as with all things a nice balance is good too. Get some singleplayer only games as well. Let’s go back a little to the times of Ryse, DR3, SO. Of which even DR3 and SO had both great coop but solo was great too.

Well, their first party is doing that though…These days all the companies are aiming at the games that drive engagement value. Like even WRPG are huge time sinkers, you can play Skyrim forever.

If true, does that kill the dream of XGS published JRPG :sob:?

They will just acquire Square Enix and the problem is solved :joy:

True. But I’d really like to see Xbox and Tabata and his studio working with Xbox, apparently a lot of co-op stuff is in the making, now go for some solo stuff too, like what JP Games is making for example.

I hope not. I mean their own studios aren’t going to do that and Tabata sure is a nice option. Unless Sony went after them. Not for a acquisition I mean, but for a game or two. It wasn’t at SoP, but something like that I think warrants being at their showcase. But who knows, let’s see what Sunday brings.

I wonder who will end up with SE. It can still be Sony. I mean we’ve yet to see what that “really big one” for Sony is going to be, according to Grubb and Miller. I know a lot of Sony stories turn out to be nonsense, but since it’s Grubb I don’t want to write it off immediately.

Pretty sure they said Square Enix was the one they heard, at least Miller did.

If it leaked it’s probably false or dead. Like the Capcom + Xbox rumour in 2018.

Hmm, interesting. Then it should especially be interesting if we do end up getting FF7R. Will Sony than have to honor the deal until the very last part? Lol.

It’s not Square

And they were just full of shit. You don’t “hear rumblings” of an acquisition for this long on a public company lol.

2 Likes