Xbox + Bethesda E3 2021- June 13th @ 10AM PST/1PMEST/6PMBST- Pre-E3 Discussion Thread!

I do find it curious that Greenberg hasn’t said that there will be no acquisitions announced at this showcase…

He made sure to do so last year.

2 Likes

I notice too that big green warning from the mods has been taken down. It’s like they’ve given up on hoping their wishes would be respected in any way. Which I couldn’t really blame them. Or maybe some of these guys should take that to mean their warning period is over…

Thats honestly how I feel about xboxera a lot at moment. i joined xboxera to talk about xbox, and while constructive criticism is obviously a thing for xbox, most of the threads are just driven into the ground. between morts overuse of ‘just wait’ and a couple of members constant depressing takes, this forum doesn’t feel as fun anymore.

3 Likes

I don’t think @Mort is being entirely serious with his “just wait”… it’s just a meme. lol

2 Likes

Now I’ve let this whole thing go off-topic myself. Sik should demote me :laughing:

I suggest if anyone has things to say about this we head to A Reminder to the Community

And we can discuss how amazing E3 is going to be here. :wink:

4 Likes

Dont worry too much about usimg Reset as a barometer.

However, some of us have been trying to scream over the din without much success. The doom posting has been incessant to the point of being a huge repelling factor now. 200 posts of nonsense per day in 2-3 different threads for more than a week.

I am guessing even Prog is saying it is time for hard mod action.

5 Likes

hmm. true.

1 Like

I do not know, but I hope the rhetoric can be toned down because it does become grating. I don’t mind criticism when it is warranted such as the Gold debacle, but most of the time it is just not needed.

Anyway, I am fairly optimistic for E3 and truly think Xbox will put on a good show and we will have plenty of positive things to discuss afterwards :+1:.

3 Likes

That would be like Pablo Escobar saying it’s time for a crackdown on drug trafficking

13 Likes

I don’t know why people are concerned about XGS releasing 2 games in a month when they released 4 last August.

Also, you guys take E3 way too seriously. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

5 Likes

Haha :rofl:

Can’t wait for next week, missed my videogame Christmas so much last year…

100%

I love E3 week. Hope next year we’ll have a full on E3 week again in LA. With journalists covering it, Phil on a couch with Jeff Gerstmann, silly EA Play booths, Fortnite tournaments, etc.

Won’t see a Mixer tent again though :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m happy that we’re getting a ton of shows, even if only online. The best part is having it all on a span of 2 weeks.

1 Like

Best way to tackle E3 is just try and ignore leaks and enjoy the show. I just feel if you read too much you’ll be disappointed by either knowing the show too much or expecting something there and it doesn’t show up.

Also regarding Avowed there are other ways Microsoft can show the gameplay at events such as X0 (if it happens this year) game awards show, inside xbox if it returns, etc. Also for Microsoft sake it’s best to show a game when its polished because it will create a shitstrom if it’s not been in the polishing stage

5 Likes

Fully agree. Show games when they are near release should be Microsoft’s thing now. They can still tease games with announcement trailers, I’m fine with that and not as opposed to it as many others. But no need to show trailers 3 years in a row.

And for personal enjoyment I believe the ‘casual’ E3 fan has a lot more fun with these shows as they don’t know stuff beforehand. Imagine watching last years Microsoft show not knowing about Avowed or Fable. Makes it a lot more enjoyable. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

so Compulsion is a no-go? not even CGI?

i skimmed around various previews but i found nothing

For some Microsoft still has to show they have games in the pipeline. So what can they do if they’re not allowed to use CGI Trailers for those further out?

They need to show what’s more immediate to be released in next 12 months. But that is not enough. They need to show there is a constant wave of titles to come after that. Should Microsoft release a public road map showing just Logos and estimated release dates?

That would be a first for the industry, being so open about plans. Trouble with even that is that plans can and do change. People will hold them over the fire on every change.

It seems like they are in a no win situation.

For those who are reasonable, we can see the games are in the works and the cadence will be impressive. Unfortunately most can’t see tomorrow from today.

5 Likes

1 Like

Nobody expected State of Decay last year, so anything can happen. But personally I believe it’s too early. They are still growing as a studio (just moved to a new place too I believe) and I imagine building a team in COVID/WFH must be quite the task.

But they could have a CGI trailer ready for sure. Just not expecting it.

3 Likes