Xbox adds improved language support for games

The addition of language tags to the Microsoft Store on Xbox and in the Xbox Game Pass app on consoles is an important step toward our goal of making you and your friends feel at home when you play on Xbox. This update will make that easier, and help bring the joys of gaming to more people. Stay tuned, because later this year we will unveil more updates to make it even easier for you to find and play games that are right for you, meeting your unique preferences and needs. The world of gaming is vast and diverse, and we believe there is a perfect game or games for everyone – we’re here to make that process quicker and easier.

3 Likes

If only the thread title had language support too :wink:

2 Likes

LOL, I have no idea what you mean (and…corrected). :wink:

This is great, I really appreciate this!

Oh man, if they could make some robust machine translation stuff work with an overlay to have extra language subtitles on games like Auto-HDR and FPS Boost…

Now better support for arabic and south east asian languages would be appreciated.

This is great! I don’t care about localizations personally (everything gaming related sounds silly in my native language) and English is great and fairly easy to learn the basics of so that’s what I use for everything.

On the other hand, I do prefer certain games in other languages depending on setting. Loved to play through Assassin’s Creed Unity in French (with English subs, my French aint that good) and Yakuza in Japanese etc. So choice is always great.