Xbox Adds 'Blue Dragon' Dynamic Wallpaper in Honour of Akira Toriyama

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2024/03/29/xbox-adds-blue-dragon-dynamic-wallpaper-in-honour-of-akira-toriyama/

Microsoft today dropped a new dynamic wallpaper featuring the main protagonist alongside the giant ‘Blue Dragon’ in honour of the late Akira Toriyama. Well-known for his manga and anime works (and of course, Dragon Ball), Toriyama also did art work for many games under his Bird Studio productions such as the beloved ‘Dragon Quest’ series, Blue Dragon, the upcoming ‘SAND LAND’ based on his work and many others.

Honoring a true legend.

We’ve added a new dynamic dashboard background featuring Xbox 360's Blue Dragon, with art and character designs by Akira Toriyama. pic.twitter.com/ZFj20fX2ed

— Xbox (@Xbox) March 29, 2024

If you want to set this bad boy as your console’s dashboard background, it’s as easy as one, two, and three:

1. Go to your Xbox Series’ console’s settings.
  2. Under the ‘General’ tab (very first!), go to the “Personalization” setting.
  3. Go to “My backgrounds” and select “Dynamic Backgrounds”
  4. Select the Blue Dragon dynamic wallpaper and your set! Or peruse the others.

Remember that Dynamic Wallpapers are only available on Xbox Series consoles and not Xbox One systems.

As for Blue Dragon itself, it’s a turn-based role-playing game by Mistwalker (Sakaguchi!) and Artoon and was published exclusively by Microsoft Game Studios for the Xbox 360. Naturally featuring art by Akira Toriyama, it’s backwards compatible and you can click this way to check it out on the Xbox Store: it’s $20 and/or available for play via disc as long as you can find a copy (easy, this one—just take it from your game “collecting” friend who buys games and never plays ’em).

Hironobu Sakaguchi, the Father of the Final Fantasy series, and Artoon present the world of Blue Dragon on Xbox 360. Featuring the character design of Akira Toriyama, the Father of “Dragon Ball Z”, and music by Nobuo Uematsu, the composer for Final Fantasy, Blue Dragon is an epic role-playing game (RPG) centered on five youngsters who possess miraculous strength and magical power to control shadow creatures that mirror the actions of their masters.

4 Likes

One of my favorite 360 games. A revival coming?

Looks great, once I get tired of the women’s month background I’ll try this out. Although that could take a while because I don’t spend enough time on the dashboard to get tired of it.

…Toriyama passed.

1 Like

I’ll never remove my goth mommy Lilith wallpaper

Very nice of them!

I’m still rocking the Avowed one, it’s so good, but I will use this after.

Rest in peace Toriyama, you are very, very missed.