Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

Capcom and Sega

Maybe Square West as well

Publisher: SEGA

Studio: this one’s tough…. Gotta be between Supergiant or Asobo… probably.

You mean Enix, the glory days of Squaresoft are long gone

My choice is either Sega or Capcom, massive back catalogues that could either be put on gamepass or in Sega’s case do something nuts with backcompat like Dreamcast/Saturn etc

All the major ones like EA, T2 and Ubisoft are so boring nowadays, they do nothing for me

Dream acquisition would be EA, bring Bioware back to the fam. Idk how regulators would look at the two of the three biggest game streaming services merging though, so for realistic I’ll say CDPR. Behind Xbox they would not be rushed and would have support to let their talent create the best games possible and they do just make the best games :green_heart:

Sega. Forever.

Given that AT&T is spinning off WarnerMedia I wouldn’t be surprised if MS buys Warner Games.

I’m starting to think the shrimp is killing him mentally.

1 Like

Nintendo.

Capcom or From Software

CDPR is a redundancy for MS but if they can get them they’d have basically all relevant RPG studios under the umbrella.

Chances are that Kotor puts Aspyr on this map. And I wouldn’t count out BioWare. I’m sure they try to make their next games as safe as possible.

1 Like

Remains to be seen if it’s for good or bad. We won’t know until much later, after game releases and there’s enough feedback from the entire consumer market.

the only one they’d be missing out on is larian as far as wrpg go.

If you’ve READ about Grubb’s: “it takes two to tango”, you might suspect he’s teasing something.

If you’ve HEARD him saying it, you’ll definitely know he wasn’t teasing anything.

6 Likes

It’s a luxury but sometimes I like luxury :grin:

Of course we need to wait and see, but there are already some things that could give us hints.

I mean someone paid $450m for them. And Sony pays for timed exclusivity and presents it front and center.

8 Likes

I don’t like Square Enix as much as when I was young. They took so long to develop mainline FF and the game is not that much impressive compare to big WRPG.

I have more fun and excited playing Yakuza LAD than any modern FF tbh. Imo, Yakuza is a better JRPG experience now, every substories are interesting. Most side quests in big JRPG like FF15, FF7R, Tales of Arise are just boring fetch quests.

I’m really glad that all future Yakuza are JRPG. So my dream Japan acquisition would be Sega.