Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

if any studio i want MS to acquire fr is From Software, mech games and souls games would be great.

Until Knack 3 gets announced.

3 Likes

yeah gaming market is bigger than before and all parties actually playing this time.

1 Like

All that is supposing Geoff actually knows who is concerned, of if he just heard the information that some big deals are happening.

3 Likes

I think the shift to mobile and browser was really big because it broadened the market massively.

1 Like

watch it be something like Rebellion acq by Embracer cause they wanted the comics division

Keighley’s making the same things are happening statement as everybody else. Therefore he gets the same reaction as everybody else which is “no shit”.

9 Likes

Microsoft could borrow tens of billions of dollars in very short order if it was interested.

They could lock in a 30-year interest rate lower than 4% (probably closer to 3%) when inflation is probably running at 5% or more right now (we don’t know the actual inflation rate until several months after the fact, so I’m making an educated guess here).

If there are good investments to be made with that borrowed money then it is kind of a no-brainer given the current negative real interest rates.

Edit: I’m speaking in general here. Obviously, the Activision acquisition might prevent them from borrowing $50 bill to buy EA next week.

8 Likes

Precisely, and that was ultimately my point. Go braintrust!

6 Likes

Acquisitions are great and all, but I care more about the games too, can’t wait for Elden Ring and Starfield.

Well, you have to wait. Sorry

Gonna go ahead and say this probably isn’t entirely accurate

1 Like

Hoeg’s Law is your best guide on that.

3 Likes

Can’t wait.

1 Like

I will be shocked if there is a merger between them and they become a huge player in the industry

What makes you think that they don’t want to mess up this deal

Well, outside of the fact that actual M&A attorneys saying they can still buy studios if they want, buying something like WBs studios for example would be purchasing assets from a company, not purchasing a public entity. Same would apply to something like Crystal Dynamics.

The only thing that has been stated pretty definitively as something they likely want to avoid is large scale publisher style buys.

3 Likes

After they announced the Zenimax deal, Microsoft didn’t acquire anything else until March 16th which was 4 days after the Zenimax closed PR went out so there is precedent for them to go dark. When you factor in the scale it’s extremely likely that they’ll be quiet until close.

However, it is also highly unlikely that any acquisition targets they still have are going to get poached. Anybody that sells between now and close likely weren’t going to Microsoft anyway as we know these things are typically months if not years in the making.

1 Like

Of course. AB isn’t going to stop offers being made and agreed upon that can close before and after AB closes. Like Jeff Grubb said yesterday, Microsoft is enthusiastic to spend money before inflation kicks in.

2 Likes