Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

This is what I actually would want to see more than a publisher acquisition (as nicely as Sega fits with Xbox). Tango growth and some small studio acquisitions (JP Games and Itagaki Games to name a few, though they should try making an XGS Published exclusive with them first to see how it actually goes)

Long term is fine. Keep working on getting multiplats from the region in the meantime. That is far from a long term thing.

And of course Xbox doesn’t HAVE to own Sega to get some exclusives from them. I always thought they should enter negotiations to do a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake because that could lowkey become Xbox’s FF7R.

1 Like

Hilarious video on the Activision acquisition

1 Like

You know, I just thought of something; if Sony buys a publisher it just makes it easier for Microsoft to buy more… so I say let Sony have paradox and then Xbox can buy square enix and Sega

1 Like

I dont think Sony has a choice. MS is going to be getting games from XBGS/Bethesda/ABK plus all the partnerships with EA/Sega and the rumor is Ubisoft games would come within 6-8 months like EA Play. On top of all that MS has great relationships with indie developers and then there is all the third party games funded by MS. Sony cant match that productivity if they just stay where they are.

2 Likes

The real question is if Sony tried to buy a publisher would Microsoft let them have it or try to outbid them

That’s not how it works folk

Just heard on griffins stream that tencent owns a majority of shares in the owner of from software and he thinks tencent wouldn’t be hit with anti trust since they are mainly an investment company as we seen them invest In so many companies

Didn’t Tencent almost get into trouble with their Sumo acquisition though? Or am I misremembering?

Yeah, that’s why it’s kinda weird to throw Tencent’s numbers around like it means a lot. They also aren’t a platform holder so they don’t have any control over the market.

I don’t remember on that one

Yep Tencent's Sumo acquisition continues following US national security investigation | GamesIndustry.biz

1 Like

Ah so they did

Brieflly, but seems like that might also go through. Standard China checks, I suppose

1 Like

Acti-Blizz was never about the studios, it was about big IPs and mobile.

they can get more than 8 talented studios for much much cheaper

Sony is not touching Paradox unless they plan to make PS Store for PC.

There are only two summoning circles-

• a summoning circle for Sega

• and a more powerful summoning circle for Beth, Blizz and Biow

3 Likes

I think Sega will happen after the super cloud game releases

although MS might change it’s vision/mind if Capcom in market.

Capcom have more bigger IPs

1 Like

Bungie, Crytek, People Can Fly, Techland and CDPR. all of them have games coming in next 3-5 years. good for long term (IPs) and short term.

getting one or two of them will be good for MS, outside of CDPR they fit MS needs CO-OP/GAAS Games and SP Games for GP.

2 Likes

If Spartacus is real, Sony should partner with epic and put the subscription in the epic games store. Also it would be an opportunity to port legacy titles that the company have in the dust like resistance

1 Like

Sony needs to get serious about PC then i can see paradox happening

1 Like