Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

How about no

13 Likes

I really don’t think that Apple is making a console or wanting a publisher.

Just doesn’t vibe with Apple style.

I mean Apple couldn’t even make Mac Games.

Having Blizzard alone as an exclusive dev is massive

5 Likes

It took only one week to see downplaying for AB already :sweat_smile:

Two weeks more and people will say MS is not investing enough in gaming.

7 Likes

I just said I don’t think it’s all that great for the short-term for me.

Long term once things really kick off, oh hell yeah.

But I’m not worried about the future because hell I could get struck by lightning and that’s the end of Prog.

I want more short-term immediate than long-term future.

Nah I don’t think they blew there load. For the big boys like a Ubisoft, EA, T2. Yeah they are done, no more of those. But for smaller ones like pretty much all of the Japanese publishers. I think those are still on the table. We know Xbox has always been behind in the Asian markets, and they could prove it with years of poor hardware and software sales. I think there balls are still full and ready to go, without someone trying to cuck them.

1 Like

That’s just the way it is, the reality of game development made worse by an ongoing pandemic that doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon.

Give me one cookie now, versus 20 cookies in 2025.

I guess that’s my standing.

Your cookie now is Game Pass deals

Moreso with how ****ing long it’s going to take to wind down the CoD machine.

I mean for pete’s sake what a mess that it is.

So much talent wasted on yearly CoD.

Ok but it doesn’t matter what you think/what in this scenario. Unless this is the “my personal wish list” acquisition thread and not the “real world what makes sense and has/could happen” acquisition thread.

2 Likes

Lets settle down guys pls. Lol.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I rebranded to a more positive mindset lol.

1 Like

Is it possible xbox can still buy a smaller developer like absobo while thise deal with activision closes over the next 1.5 years

It’s possible they can buy any and everything at any time, realistically.

7 Likes

Pray tell, who would have given Xbox a “short term” impact? Anyone they would have acquired would have had to go through the same regulatory process.

I guess somebody that would have multiple games in development with studios that aren’t working all on one IP.

Like there’s alot of talent in Acti-Blizz but it’s all lashed to the CoD whale and its gonna take a while to free them and just delays my exclusive True Crime/Hexen reboots I want :sob:

And who would that be? :smile:

SEGA’s gotta be working on a buch of stuff yeah?

At least not everything tied into one franchise with multiple dev teams.