Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

What happens is that Sony’s single player games are not sustainable anymore - require too much investement and too much time to develop. So Sony pivots towards what other publishers did - more GaaS games to get that recurring revenue.

It is not about being a king.

I think they will do something like that eventually. Matt Booty wants to release a first party game each quarter so Microsoft might start spreading out their games so they can meet that quota.

That’s still Microsoft’s goal to release a game each quarter. Also Matt Booty reiterated it in an interview from last year as well so it’s still in the works.

Be careful what you wish for lol. This might be a reality is you keep trying to speak it into existence.

What usually happens is that somebody else acquires whatever Hindle has predicted.

Tencent…

Would not be surprised. But it is more a question if anybody is even interested in acquiring Roblox in the first place at all.

With all Square Enix issues and while being not a good acquisition, they are able to produce a lot of games that could be a good Game Pass fodder.

Not going to lie while the drought would have been less severe if Deathloop and Tokyo Ghostwire weren’t exclusive, I don’t think Activision Blizzard will make much of a difference.

At most we will see a new CoD yearly and Blizzard tends to release one new service game every five years.

They need more studios if they want a game every quarter especially if they are all AAA games and it’s getting more complex and difficult to make them. Each game is goin past 3 years dev time now.

The copyrights infringement would be off the charts (I play with my daughter).

Strong disagree. The better “got to feed GamePass” play is SEGA.

5 Likes

Nah, Capcom is the play :100:

6 Likes

How many games Sega produces per year?

Seems like they have a Yakuza title each year, which are exponentially better games than any SEnix fodder. They also have actual interesting IP. As a bonus, the movies based on their IP scores higher than Sony’s IP too.

6 Likes

With Relic working on AoE and the Dreamcast running on Windows it would be very ‘organic’ :wink:

Don’t think anybody could argue that. If it weren’t for Spider-Man (Kevin Feige really) Sony would have been out of the movie industry a long ago. They’ve fucked up nearly every franchise they own, whether it’s Men in Black, Underworld, Ghost Busters. And what they did to the new Resident Evil movie is just inexcusable.

Not to mention Square just sold off a large chunk of their owned IP. And their biggest owned IP left now are essentially Final Fantasy and Drakengard/NieR…… at least that I can think of?

The point is to release the games on a regular cadence. Xbox is also able to release 1 game per year :sweat_smile:

I offer one dollar

3 Likes

I mean, if Phil can convince Yoko Taro to at least continue partnering then I’m down.:joy:

I just think Square has killed off a lot of their value in one go… but I guess that also means they’re a much smaller target with a huge IP, an IP on the rise, and a couple of strong, exclusive partnerships with DQ and KH.

2021:

• Humankind
  • Sonic Colours Ultimate (Remaster)
  • Judgement
  • Lost Judgement
  • Phantasy Star Online 2
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
  • Total War: Rome Remastered
  • Total War: Warhammer 3
  • Olympic Games Tokyo (Xbox port)
5 Likes