Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

For goodness sake, please look into the exploitative business model that Roblox employs - mostly geared at children and child labor - before suggesting that Microsoft jump in on that. Who cares how much money they bring in when they’re doing it in a disgusting manner? They’re already dealing with incoming hugely problematic culture that they’ll need to focus on to fix. Why add more toxic stuff to this monumental task?

1 Like

Yup, the most important thing the should focus after ABK is to get rid of all the toxic stuff inside the company, improve work conditions, take “care” of the lawsuits…etc.

Do you think that Microsoft has already enough studios to consistently release 4 AAA games a year?

Activision more or less guarantees a big game every year (COD) and Zenimax also delivered (Ghost Wire).

Additionally, Xbox games publishing is ramping up and there is also the entirety of Xbox Game Studios.

So in theory they should have enough, but game development is complicated and complex. There are a lot of dangers like delays, cancellation, personell shortage and COVID. That can easily screw up the planned schedule.

I think to reach that level, they need at least another 5-10 studios. Most of the years they absolutely would hit that schedule, but to make it crisis safe they need to take on last step.

1 Like

After today’s news? They need at least 2 additional publishers :joy:

10 Likes

In a post-COVID world, yes. People need to keep reality in check here; that statement was made before COVID was even a reality.

8 Likes

Honestly? I’d say maybe 3 AAA a year, starting in 2-3 years time.

I think Microsoft should start putting the games on shelves at certain points - basically not releasing them even if they are ready but put them to the dry period. Like for example if two games from the first party are coming in the same month, they can be spread across 2-4 months.

1 Like

They should just grab Ubisoft, they would be guaranteed atleast 3-4 games every year, if not more.

Since the X/S was released they have pumped out:

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Just Dance 2021
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
  • FarCry 6
  • Riders Republic
  • Just Dance 2022
  • Rainbow Six Extraction
  • Trivial Pursuit 2
  • Many other ports and re-releases.

This year they have planned:

• Mario & Rabbids
  • OddBallers
  • Prince of Persia remake
  • Roller Champions
  • Division Heartland
  • Many more!
6 Likes

It’s what Nintendo does. Splatoon 3 had to be delayed to September so they just brought Xenoblade 3 ahead to fill it’s spot because the game is done

Phil in the Xbox Showcase: “sorry for the delays guys, to make up for it we acquired all studios that Xbox Acquisiton |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions wanted us to”

6 Likes

I could dig that… except Roblox, for gods’ sake.

14 Likes

Watch it be the only one announced….

1 Like

You shut your mouth Alex!

Seriously though, Roblox is not in the running here; I’ve heard absolutely no rumblings of any discussions with them, well ever, and it’s such a redundancy compared to Minecraft… it just never made any sense to begin with.

4 Likes

Just watch as MS acquire them. Would summarize this for me. My dream IP and studios? Nope, they get fucking Roblox.

5 Likes

I’d be sad lol.

4 Likes

The Starfield and Redfall delays disappoint me, but I would be inconsolable if MS bought Roblox

My anecdotal experience is that kids are all about that shit. I have two nieces and they both play Fortnight, Minecraft, and Roblox. And that is all they play.

I would hate it, but I would understand it.

1 Like

Please don’t forget Ass Creed is going to be transformed into a GaaS, and Extraction didn’t do so well, so they’d want to keep R6S as GaaS. However, this could also be good for Xbox as their competition plan to go GaaS heavy soon.

Xbox has much more GaaS games than Sony. Sea of Thieves, FO76, ESO, Halo, incoming Halo BR, Halo MCC, ABK with COD, WoW etc.

Xbox has always had a rich set of multiplayer games. Sony has not a single one basically.

I’m not disputing Xbox good quality GaaS games. They are leaders for sure. Just saying this would also strengthen them whilst their competition is trying to play catch-up. Also Destiny is my fav GaaS of all time(yes, higher than Fortnite, Warzone) so the day they got acquired sucked.

It’s clear what’s going on here. Sony is single player king and want to rapidly get multiplayer under their belt, whilst Xbox is multiplayer king and has been getting single player under its belt.