Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

There is a team that since I played their game I wished ms could get but it’s kinda niche so it was always just wishful thinking, but what do you guys think about team cherry?

Hollow knight is by far the best indie game I’ve played to date, granted I haven’t played tons of indies but I can literally say I liked it more than a lot of AAA games I’ve played. An acquisition of team cherry I imagine wouldn’t even be looked at twice by anyone since it’s incredibly small in size.

I believe it would be perfect for the xbox and the community since they seem to be in a bad place right now, I have no idea what is happening with silksong but I’d imagine it’s not going well, since the trailer was literally dropped 3 years ago and till today there are no news regarding a release date, or even a release window. I know it was in the nvidia leaks so it must be coming but… I’m sure they could use the help.

Also now with the moon studios situation, with microsofts basically unlimited funding, they could even take on ori, it’s like the perfect storm. Well, one can hope.

IMO, Square Enix is something akin ATVI of Japan. Just a publisher that you cannot ignore there.

Wonder if this was the other SE exclusive game for SONY the guy from vgc alluded to.

they are like shovel knight at this point, they are insanely close with Nintendo

Square is ATVI, Capcom is EA and SEGA is Take Two :skull:

I would argue that Capcom is T2 (with Monster Hunter being GTA Online), while Bandai Namco is EA (bunch of licensed IPs). Sega is Bethesda.

Sega

that actually makes quite a bit of sense. So MS buying T2 and the Japanese equivilents confirmed

I don’t get the shovel knight comparison I don’t know the situation with that game.

team cherry is being backed by nintendo, also you qouted the wrong part

Considering what Microsoft have bought we can expect Square Enix acquisition (like ATVI) and Sega (like Bethesda) :joy:

I do think that Microsoft should acquire T2.

not going to lie, if we go by the infinite stone stuff like people have memed I think they are the logic choices. take two, Capcom, Square and SEGA being the last 4 choices and it would fill the most blanks for game pass

If I remember they said that they will talk about the game when its done, and it makes sense

Afterall hollow knight ended being a success for them, now having more support I am sure they want to make something better than the first game

About ms getting them, I think they are in the same position as studio mdhr, they made a great game but they also take a ton of time to make another one, but it will be really funny to see them working on ori knowing how thomas mahler didnt liked the comparisons of ori and hollow

I agree!

Although technically Bandai Namco is ABK as they earn way more revenue than Square.

I’m going to still cheer for Capcom and SEGA though :stuck_out_tongue:

most of namco’s revenue actually comes from toys if I am not mistaken

I can see Microsoft getting Crystal Dynamics and maybe Eidos Montreal but I doubt they would get Square Enix as a whole.

5 Likes

I did not use the revenue as a baseline there but the output and influence.

If MS will buy any Japanese publishers, then hopefully it will be both Sega and Capcom.

Both have a treasure trove of riches and you could add all those Arcade, Genesis, CD, 32x, Saturn, Gamegear and Dreamcast games to Game Pass too.

4 Likes

I stand by my statement that MS would try to evolve discussions for square enix’s western division to SE as an entire company (the gaming division I mean) for multiple reasons

I will be real, if Microsoft buys someone from Japan its really between Capcom, SEGA and Square Enix in my opinon

1 Like

They’d need emulators but would love to see it. IMO they should be trying to work access to the Sega back catalog even if they don’t acquire them.

1 Like

fine by me

1 Like