Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

But it is not like Microsoft doesn’t make moves? I mean Bethesda before, ATVI now (though ATVI deal was pretty random)

I know, I am more so refering to what you said about them not needing anything else big, if they just stopped buying publisher its an open invitation for the sleeping giants to buy the ones MS wants to keep when they awake

I mean after Capcom, Sega and T2 they would have such big first party machine that they could rely on it and be successful and they can pick up smaller studios.

THe problem is that there will be a limit where Microsoft won’t be able to proceed with more acquisitions.

Ah, in that case yeah I agree. to be honest I think MS should look at smaller teams along side the publishers as they can grow into really talented stuff with the right budget or/and support

Oh, no doubt about that - Microsoft will look into studios.

XboxEra:

13 Likes

Initially, Microsoft was looking at an offer of $80 per share. That’s what Spencer relayed to Kotick and Activision Chairman Brian Kelly on Nov. 26. The price would have represented a premium of almost 32% to the prior day’s close.

Negotiations evolved, and the two sides ultimately agreed on a price of $95 per share, which Microsoft announced on Jan. 18. Activision Blizzard stock closed at $81.05 per share on Friday.

Kotick reached out to a handful of other companies before the announcement, the filing said. Kelly also received an email from a person, not named in the filing, who expressed interest in a purchase of the Blizzard segment or a move to take part or all of Activision Blizzard private.

8 Likes

Curious what kind of person would buy them and take them private lol

Prolly Musk lmao

3 Likes

Would literally be surprised if it were anyone else.

Gaben…

This is hilarious to me because no one was willing to out bid Microsoft and if Kotick took the Blizzard deal, Microsoft would probably renegotiate the price to less than $80 per share. Causing ABK share holders to lose out on a lot of money.

Saudi investment group?

1 Like

ABK have some dope forecast estimates in long run

They are expecting 5B+ income in 2024… That’s some huge estimates from 3.5B+ they estimated for 2021

Although, there income in 2021 was actually only 2.7B

Maybe these figures doesn’t really co-relate

Edit: oops… Posted in wrong thread

Do you remember which page ?

No😅

1 Like

Seems it’s page 49-50

Most likely a private equity and/or an investment fund like the Saudi one.

1 Like
13 Likes

Could Tesla buy Ubisoft?