Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

Yeah, the smaller Japanese companies have finally been begining to see the xbox as a legitimate platform for their games, its nice

1 Like

Uhmmmm are we sure those senators statements couldnt have an impact in the FTCs opinion? Maybe the senators could make their focus change to that of the well being of the workers instead of antitrust or monopoly (since I’m surprised those werent the talk points

May as well finish the Japanese publishers and do Bamco, if you would be so kind

1 Like

added to the list

1 Like

An independent studio that could be a good fit for Microsoft is Blue Isle Studios. https://blueislestudios.com/

2 Likes

No one has asked for Ubisoft so I will,these are awesome by the way thanks for taking the time to do them

1 Like

congratulations, its already made and you got the one that made me hate my existence the most because…WHY DOES UBISOFT HAVE SO MANY STUDIOS

2 Likes

They do all their outsourcing internally, instead of contracting independent studios to help on them

Would never happen, MS or any big company would never agree to acquire something unless they had 100% control over it. Satya even said they’ wouldn’t have to make any concessions for ActiBlizz and they wouldn’t do a Take 2 deal unless it was under the same circumstance

Of course if they bought Take 2 it would likely be the same situation where massive games like GTA would stay multiplat but other Rockstar games ei a new Midnight Club, Manhunt, LA Noire, Bully would be exclusive.

Take 2 IMO would be the worst buy, same with Ubisoft…Activision was the only big western publisher that makes sense since they have a lot of IP’s…EA has too many licensed games…Ubi too many service games etc

Actually…that wouldn’t be a bad pick up…seems like with more money and resources they can be a quality, solid AA developer

Nice pick

1 Like

Live service are good fits for game pass and ubisoft stock has been tanking, I think Take 2 and Ubisoft are definitely good buys, I agree with EA though

Sorry I’m not sure what your point is? Are you saying MS would never acquire TakeTwo if they had to keep some of those games multi-platform?

Just like Sony’s MLB The Show, 2K have a number of licensed properties such as NBA, PGA and WWE which would likely have to stay multi-platform.

They purchased Mojang and kept Minecraft multi-platform and are currently buying ABK and keeping COD multi-platform? Im not sure why it’s out of the realm of possibility however I can’t see Xbox going after EA or T2 after ABK IMO.

Also your quoting me out of context, it was a hyperthetical scenario to explain why the regulators may look at a deal (not necessarily T2 but that was the example being discussed in the messages before).

Live Service games are terrible for Game Pass because most of them are free to play anyway. Putting them on Game Pass means that they’d also be available for retail so they’d lose their easy barrier to entry.

How many people would be playing Fortnite and Apex and Rocket League if they were behind a paywall?

live service is literally games which are meant to keep gamers attention for a long as possible buy adding content post launch, nothing about that screams free to play. GTA online is a perfect example of a game being insanely popular but costing money, rocket league wasn’t free untill being acquired by epic and still insanely popular so…they would be popular lol

Then why are the most popular live service games free? Why is Ubisoft planning on making most of their future games free to play then?

You have no idea what you are talking about lol

Because the most popular games in the world trend to be free lol, also source that ubisoft is planning to make most of their future games free to play

I played Citadel: Forged With Fire and it feels like a mix between an Elder Scrolls game, Conan Exiles, and Lord of the Rings. And with a bigger budget and more resources it could have been a massive game.

3 Likes

Ubisoft are relatively cheap right now and churn out tonnes of high quality games every year which is ideal for a subscription service.

Ubisoft usually have atleast 1 game in the top selling games every year.

In the 2021 NPD for the US Ubisoft had the 11th and 16th top selling games, only outsold by ABK, Nintendo, EA and Sony.

1 Like

Yeah ubisoft’s market cap is $5.22 billion right now, great time to pick them up.

I disagree, I think Microosoft is fairly likely to go after take two just to prevent someone else from grabbing them but thats just me but I don’t see EA. I guess it does partly go down to how regulators are about this purchase though

I want Microsoft to make some big acquisition announcement tomorrow, just to watch the media’s April’s fool coverage of it, only to get shown up by the news being real when Microsoft announces more about the next day. Just for fun of course.

2 Likes